This week, many of the country’s greatest chefs will come to Louisville for the Bourbon and Beyond festival. I’m beyond excited to see, taste and Instagram all of the dishes I can possibly try. But, if I’m honest with myself, I’m most excited about hearing Stevie Nicks on Sunday night. Nicks is a legend. Her voice is better than yours. Her style is a look only she can pull off. And she’s still in the game. Stevie Nicks is the type of artist that can slip out of your mind, but when you’re reminded of how much you love her, it’s the best kind of nostalgia. This Sunday, Stevie Nicks will be on the Louisville waterfront. Hopefully she’ll sing all of her hits, but I don’t care as long as I get to see her twirl in her ridiculous shawl. To get in the proper head space, here’s a little quiz to remind us of why Stevie Nicks is one of the most iconic women in rock music.
1. How old is Stevie Nicks?
d. 69 (the edge of seventy)
2. What profession did Nicks plan on pursuing before she dropped out of college?
c. Social Worker
d. English Teacher
É¹ÇÉ¥É”ÉÇâ”´ É¥sá´‰lÆƒuÆŽ Ë™p
3. Which song is ranked highest on the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Songs of All Time?
a. “The Chain”
d. “Go Your Own Way”
,,ÊŽÉM uÊO É¹noâ…„ o×¤,, Ë™p
4. Which of these movies or TV shows does NOT feature a song sung by Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac?
c. Practical Magic
d. Forrest Gump
5. What’s the title of Stevie Nicks’ official fan website?
a. Nicks Chicks
b. The Sir Nicks-a-Lots
c. The Nicks Fix
d. Band of Gypsys
xá´‰â„² sÊžÉ”á´‰N ÇÉ¥â”´ Ë™Æ†
6. Which is Stevie Nicks’ microphone stand?
7. Which Destiny’s Child song sampled “Edge of Seventeen?”
b. “Jumpin Jumpin”
c. “Sweet Sixteen”
d. “Say My Name”
8. Which of these cringe-worthy article titles about Nicks is fake news?
a. “Stevie Nicks: The men, the music, the menopause”
b. “Watch Stevie Nicks Smash Herself in the face with a twirling baton.”
c. “Harry Styles once gave Stevie Nicks a Carrot Cake…”
d. All of the above
ÇÊŒoqÉ ÇÉ¥Ê‡ ÉŸo llâˆ€ Ë™p
9. Watching which TV show got Nicks through a bout of depression?
a. The Crown
b. This is Us
c. Big Little Lies
d. Game of Thrones
sÇuoÉ¹É¥â”´ ÉŸo ÇÉ¯É×¤ Ë™p
10. What’s the second most common search for “questions people may ask” about Nicks according to Google?
a. Where can I get a kimono like her?
b. How often does said kimono get caught in the car door?
c. Is Stevie Nicks a witch?
d. Oh mirror in the sky, what is love?
¿É¥É”Ê‡á´‰Ê É sÊžÉ”á´‰N Çá´‰ÊŒÇÊ‡S sI Ë™Æ†
- If you got 0-2 questions correct you are…
Just like the white winged dove, you did poorly. Ooo, baby, ooo, ooo.
- If you got 3-4 questions correct you are…
A timid tambourine–you have some of the pieces, but not the whole band.
- If you got 5-7 questions correct you are…
Going full twirl. Like Stevie with a fringed shawl, you’re truly in your element.
- If you got 8-10 questions correct you have…
Won in a landslide. Look at your reflection in the snow-covered hills, you’ve crushed this silly quiz