Alright, ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for what that you all have been waiting for: The Third Annual Funkhouser Royal Rumble Pool Contest. For years, my friends and I have been doing this contest as a supplement to the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View. There are usually 10 of us who get together during the evening and participate in the contest. Before the match, we each put $5-10 into the pot that goes to the winner. Because there are 10 of us, we each draw three entrant numbers from 1-30 out of a hat, that correspond to entrants in the Royal Rumble match. Whatever wrestler comes out as the number we drew, becomes our wrestler. If the number we drew wins the Royal Rumble, we win the money in the pot. Also: the person who drew the entrant with the most eliminations on the night gets their money back as a consolation prize.
Last year, we ran the second straight year of this contest with Leuker (yes, the same Leuker from the KSR Football Podcast questions) drew the winning number of Roman Reigns to win the prize of last year, which was a mini version of the white WWE Intercontinental Championship title belt.
This Year’s Royal Rumble will take place on Sunday, January 24th at 8:00 PM on the WWE Network.
The Prizes for this year:
- If your entrant wins the Royal Rumble – you will win a copy of the WWE Superstar Showdown Board Game (Our Review).
- If your entrant has the most eliminations – you will win a copy of the Filsinger Games “Best of Filsinger Games” Card Game set. It features current stars like Bryan Danielson, Kevin Steen, Claudio Castagnoli (now also known as Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owens and Cesaro, respectively), AJ Styles, and legends like DDP, Macho Man Randy Savage and 2 Cold Scorpio. One of my personal favorite games.
Here’s how this will work:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment in the comment section below with A) who you think is going to win the Royal Rumble. Also, write B) how many eliminations you think will be the most eliminations by a single wrestler.
2. I will randomly assign entrant numbers to the contestants, using a random number generator. So, the first 30 people to sign up, will be listed as 1-30 in random order. If we have more than 30 people, I will do a second list again randomized 1-30. Also, if we have more than 30 people participate, and two people end up with the same entrant #, then I will go to who you picked as the Rumble Winner, then # of eliminations in your comments for the tie-breakers.
3. Watch the Royal Rumble Match, and cheer on your Superstar!
4. If your number wins the Royal Rumble, you win the prize. The person who has the entrant with the most eliminations will win the second place prize.
To help you with your selections so far (you can wait up until the Friday before the Rumble if you want to see who might be in), here is who is officially in the Royal Rumble – AND – For the first time since 1992, The WWE World Heavyweight Championship is on the line in the Royal Rumble Match:
So far, the following Superstars have been declared official participants in the match:
– WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns
– Brock Lesnar
– Chris Jericho
– Bray Wyatt
– Erick Rowan
– Luke Harper
– Braun Strowman
– Dolph Ziggler
– Big Show
– Curtis Axel
I will contact, via email, the winner of the 2016 Funkhouser Royal Rumble Pool to get your contact information. So sign up in the comments below and check back during the Royal Rumble to see what entrant # you drew. I will update this page during the match as wrestlers enter the match, so if you want to comment on the Rumble during the match, you can continue to do so in the comments. Happy Rumbling!