It’s finally here, folks. What is likely to be the best movie of the summer — Mad Max: Fury Road — debuts today. And if you thought this remake/reboot/re-whatever couldn’t hold a candle to the original, then you are in for a giant kick in the face. Fury Road currently boasts an out-of-this-world 99% on Rotten Tomatoes, and nearly every advance review of the flick anoints it as director George Miller’s masterpiece. As good as you think this movie is going to be, it’s going to be even better. Kalan Kucera, our resident Funkhouser anti-Garfield (because he straight up LOVES Mondays) will provide the definitive review, but in the meantime, here are the five GIFs you most likely will need to express your reaction to the movie over the weekend.
1. Excitement: Don’t lie; you’re pumped for this movie. Show everyone you know just how excited you are with this perfect Stephen Colbert GIF.
2. Face Melting: Most critics agree that Fury Road is a face-melting good time. And this is the best face-melting GIF known to man. It’s a match-made in heaven.
3. Exploding Head: By all accounts, your head will likely explode when you see Fury Road. And this Scanners GIF is the definitive exploding head GIF, so share it with all your Twitter followers after you exit the theater.
4. SWAG: I have a feeling you are going to walk out of this movie with an otherworldly amount of swag. And anyone who tries to pretend like Fury Road isn’t the best movie of the summer deserves a face full of shade.
5. Begrudging Respect: Mel Gibson is a certifiable creep, but he’s also the original Mad Max/Road Warrior/Thunderdomer, so let’s make sure we at least nod in his general direction. We never have to acknowledge him again now that Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron are on the scene, so consider it your final act of mercy for a dude who deserves to never be heard from again.