Over the weekend, the Kentucky Track and Field teams competed at the 120th Penn Relay’s at the University of Pennsylvania and also the Bellarmine Classic. Once again, multiple school records fell as the Wildcats continue to show people just how good they really are. Here is a quick recap of the weekend:
- Cally Macumber won the 5,000 meters championship with a time of 16:07.21. She became the first ever Wildcat to win the event.
- The men’s medley relay team of Keffri Neal (1,200m), Terence Boyd (400m), Robert Scharold (800m), and Matt Hillenbrand (1,600m) broke the school record of 25 years with a time of 9:30.52.
- The women’s medley team has a strong performance as well. The team of Allison Peare, Angelica Whaley, Keilah Tyson, and Dezerea Bryant finished 2nd with a time of 3:48.24.
- Terence Boyd placed 2nd in the long jump with a mark of 7.27m/23-10.25
- The 4xmile relay team if Robbie Scharold, Keffri Neal, Adam Kahleifeh, and Matt Hilenbrand combined for a time of 16:20.58. They broke the school record which had been held for 13 years. They were good enough for 4th place.
- Leah Nugent placed 4th in the 100m hurdles with a time of 13.29.
Bellarmine Classic Recap
- Justin Kretchmer won the high jump, clearing 2.11m.
- Corey Williams won the long jump with a distance of 6.91m/22-8.
- Nathan Donnellon won the javelin throw with a distance of 54.91m/180-02.
- Jade Walker won the women’s javelin throw with a distance of 37.37m/122-02.
- Nick Anderson won the 100m hurdles with a time of 14.01. Kentucky had 4 of the top 5 finishes in the event.
- Morganne Phillips won the 400m in a time of 55.64, her best time of the season.
- Tamayah Pipkin also had a season best time in the 100m, with a time of 11.98.
(Stats and info from ukathletics.com)