The Kentucky Track and Field teams competed over the weekend at three events: The Longhorn Invite, the Tennessee Challenge, and the Billy Hayes Invite. These events concluded a spectacular regular season for the Cats. Both Andrew Evans and Dezerea Bryant ended the season in style by posting record distances and times in the discus throw and 100m respectively. Evans posted a distance of 66.37m/217-feet; ranking second in the world. Bryant posted a time of 10.96 which is fastest in the world this year. Those are the Cats that stood out, but here is a recap of the entire weekend.
- Keilah Tyson moved into 4th nationally in the 100m with a time of 11.14
- The women’ 4×100 relay team ran a time of 43.75, .1 seconds off their record time set earlier in the year
- Sha’Keela Saunders placed 2nd in the long jump with a distance of 6.38m/20-11 ¼, good enough for 8th nationally.
- Nick Anderson finished 2nd in the 100m hurdles with a time of 13.82
- Bradley Szypka won the shot put with a distance of 19.85m/65-01.50. That distance was good enough for 5th nationally
- Rebecca Famurewa placed 4th in the hammer throw with a distance of 57.11m/187-04
Billy Hayes Invitational
- Ibn finished 2nd in the long jump with a distance of 7.20m/23-7.5
- Justin Kretchmer finished 3rd in the high jump, clearing 2.04m/6-8.25
(Stats and info from ukathletics.com)