Over the weekend, the Kentucky Track & Field teams competed in the Kentucky Relays. They won a total of 8 events, 5 by the women and 3 by the men; lead by Raymond Dykstria’s second ranked javlin throw. His throw beat the stadium record by more than 12 feet. Newcomer and previously two-time SEC champion Cally Macumber was impressive her first time in a Kentucky uniform. She won the mile in a time of 4:50.13. Here are some more notable finishes from the weekend:
- Alisha Adair won the 200m with a time of 23.91, a new personal best for her.
- Dezerea Bryant easily won the 100m dash with a time of 11.55.
- Lea Nugent won the 100m hurdles over fellow teammate Kayla Parker with a time of 13.41
- Andrew Evans, who was competing on his Senior Day, won the discuss throw with a distance of 60.87m/199-8.
- Charles Moushey placed second in the pole vault with a clearance of 5.20m/17-0.75. It ranks just an inch under the UK freshman record.
Kentucky’s next event will be the SEC Outdoor Meet, which will be held on May 15-18th. It is the first time since 1996 that the SEC Outdoor Meet has been held in Lexington. Go CATS!
(Stats and info from ukathletics.com)