Who Do It Better: Murray or Jordan? (Jordan, obviously)

murray-jordan

Jamal Murray channeled his inner-MJ last night in Denver when he drove the lane and switched from his right to left hand while skying to the rim:

The mid-air hand-switch was reminiscent of Jordan’s legendary finish in Game 2 of the 1991 NBA Finals:

The play earned Murray the No. 1 spot on SportsCenter‘s Top 10 and has him drawing Jordan comparisons all over the internet.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Who Do It Better: Murray or Jordan? (Jordan, obviously)

1. UKPROF
    10:56 am January 25, 2017 Permalink

“Who Do It Better” DO??? Seriously Drew? I will just assume that’s a typo because any child or adult with even a 3rd grade education knows you meant to type ‘does’ and not ‘do’. And I KNOW you completed the 3rd grade, right?

• THE William Hill
      11:34 am January 25, 2017 Permalink

(in Jedi mind trick voice) ***This is not the site you were looking for….***

• CATandMONKEY
      12:24 pm January 25, 2017 Permalink

Surely a UKProf has the ability to understand the use of slang and vernacular. Surely.
      There are dozens of chances daily on this site to correct grammar. This would not be one.

• CATandMONKEY
      12:28 pm January 25, 2017 Permalink

…and if you were actually being grammatically correct: Who DID it better.

2. rockatao
    11:37 am January 25, 2017 Permalink

Here’s a vote for Murray. I never could understand why this became such an iconic picture of Jordan, because he didn’t have to make that move. The defenders backed off, giving him the dunk. Murray, on the other hand, had to do it to get by the defenders.

• CatManDo
      12:08 pm January 25, 2017 Permalink

Just what I was going to say. I have always thought that move by Jordan was premeditated and was a little over-hyped. Not saying it wasn’t a great athletic display, just thought it wasn’t necessary. My personal favorite is still the Julius Erving behind the backboard around the Lakers.

• 2Dogs
      12:18 pm January 25, 2017 Permalink

Possibly the most overrated play in sports history, along with the Bo Jackson-Brian Bosworth play in football.