This morning, Sacramento radio host Carmichael Dave did an interview with DeMarcus Cousins that’s unearthed a wealth of random facts about one of our favorite former Cats. Kings blogger Tony Xypteras shared the best parts of the interview on Twitter, and I’m going to share them with you because it’s another reminder of why we love Boogie so much.
- He loves “The Notebook” but didn’t like “Deadpool.” He’s also a big fan of “How to Get Away With Murder” (as am I).
- He had terrible pain in his feet all season and, at times, couldn’t move after games. Apparently this is a gradual issue that got worse this season and for which he’s currently receiving treatment.
- At some point in the season, Cousins and Rondo sat down with George Karl and told him the team needed Willie Cauley-Stein on the floor more often.
- He called bringing the Kings back to their glory days a personal vendetta, and thanked fans for putting up with all the “bullshit” this season.
- He “loved” having Rajon Rondo in the locker room this season and said Rondo and Caron Butler were constantly on him, and that he would argue with Rondo almost every day. Those two were either going to love each other or hate each other, so I’m glad it’s the former, even if it seems like a big brother/little brother type relationship.
Audio of the interview should be up later, so when it is, I’ll bring it to you. Apparently, part two of the interview is coming, so stay tuned…
UPDATE: Click here to listen to the full interview.