WATCH: Could you pass the John Wall Challenge?

Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

Reinhold Matay-USA TODAY Sports

We’ve always known John Wall to be a star, but in the past few years, he has separated himself as one of the top point guards in the NBA.

After signing a $207 million extension with the Wizards last month, the former Wildcat is getting paid like one, as well.

Most people know him for his ridiculous speed and scoring ability, but his knack for finding open teammates is second to none.

As you can see in the video below, Wall’s court vision is jaw-dropping:

Could you pass the #JohnWallChallenge?

(I’m going to vote no.)

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

50 Comments for WATCH: Could you pass the John Wall Challenge?

1. runningunnin.454
    10:03 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Ready for some more unsanctioned, unappreciated badinage.

• Booby Petrino
      10:07 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Hell no, we won’t go! Hell no, we won’t go!
      KSR: (Good because we still want your clicks.) shhhh

2. Realme
    10:09 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Well the new structure of the website with a 10 am BTI post didn’t last long? Are they trying to mess up our new show thread format? In all seriousness, why would you not want us and our clicks around?

• Realme
      10:11 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

That was one too many question marks.

• runningunnin.454
      10:13 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

We have a new host….hello, Jack, you’re up early.

• Realme
      10:15 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Jack Pilgrim sucks?

• ukjaybrat
      10:16 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

ha i thought the same thing. they can take away the show thread. and the bti post. but they can’t stop posting. so whatever happens to come out at 1:00 will forever be known as “The Show Thread” it can’t be stopped lol

• ukjaybrat
      10:16 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

gah. 10:00 obviously

• Seriously man, what gives? I guess they’re making tons o’ dough off those infuriating pop ups on my iPad that they don’t care if I post here since I’m using Adblock Plus.

• Here’s my new website:

Ha! Not really. I stole that joke idea from the “didDukewin.com” sites of the world (duh!).

• Realme
      10:40 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

We may need that site for a backup plan when they start to disable comments on the 10:00 post.

Chris, that could be an explanation. You can’t do this without an ad blocker and stay sane, do their sponsors want them to discourage us for that reason?

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Chris, my Samsung did another one of it’s forced midnight updates a couple months ago, and now I get annoying popups whenever I unlock my phone. I’m ready to drive over to the Sprint store and raise holy hell with them.

• Well, remember once when we got really off of sports in the Show Thread and I said it was like a throwback to leaving an AOL Messenger or MSN Messenger chat room to go to a side room? We may seriously wind up having to set up a chat room if they keep this up.

• RCF, you mean when you’re on this site/app, or just in general?

• J-Dub421
      11:01 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

a/s/l 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:04 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

cg, no – it happens whenever I enter the code to unlock my phone. Doesn’t matter if I am going to a website or just wanting to text or make a call. It just pops up an ad that I have to back out of as soon as I enter the code. Annoying as hell, especially when you want to get to your phone quickly – like take a picture of something or send a text quickly. I don’t think it is anything that I downloaded accidentally – I think it is something that the carrier shoved on there with an update.

3. Realme
    10:10 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Matt doesn’t remember when he got in trouble with the radio bosses for announcing a new tv show without letting them know first?

4. Realme
    10:20 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

I still think they should send upper arena people down to fill all the seats that haven’t had tickets scanned by the 10 minute point of the game.

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Ah, you beat me to it, Realme. I was just listening to the show and ran over to my computer to post the same thing! It could be a cool thing to do on the big screen – zone in on selected fans and tell them to “come on down” to some vacant seats in the lower arena. Some lucky fan gets the surprise of sitting courtside, and we fill those embarrassing empty seats that show up on those boring weekday SEC games. Win-win!

Offshoot of this – I am lucky enough to get to sit in the lower arena end zone for a few games each year. When things thin out, we often slide over to some empty prime seats at half court. One time when we did this, there were a couple of elderly ladies behind us. One of them asked us if those were our seats – I was afraid she was going to complain about us sitting there. Instead she said that she was so glad that someone came down to sit there, because those seats are empty most of the time and she thought it was a shame that no one was using them. They were both sweethearts! 🙂

• ukjaybrat
      10:28 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

instead they frown on this practice because “you didn’t pay for those seats”

although i would be really pissed if i was 10 minutes late to the game bc of traffic and my seat was given up.

• Realme
      10:31 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

10 minutes in game time, not real time, Jay.

RCF I’ve been able to get tickets in the lower arena a whopping one time, and life’s better down there, but the atmosphere isn’t. Not only would the embarrassing empty seats be filled, the cheering would improve.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

I went to Cincinnati yesterday to watch the Western & Southern Open (got to watch Nadal last night!) and at tennis tournaments they will d that sometimes. They invited the upper levels to cheer and whichever section cheered the loudest got to move down to the “good seats.” It’s fun. I was at the US Open several years ago, and at a night match that was going late, they announced over the loudspeaker that the upper level could move down if they wanted to because it was midnight and a lot of people had left.

• Realme
      10:36 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Glad you got to go to that JDub. Sounds like there’s solid precedent for our idea.

5. secrick
    10:24 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

I can’t believe the football recruits we are getting. Seems like we are getting most all of the ones that have us and the cards on their list. What the heck is going on? I LIKE IT.

• ukjaybrat
      10:28 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

yeah except RY. still don’t know what he was thinking !?

• secrick
      10:36 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Yeah ukjaybrat thought we had him for sure.

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Clearly Craig Yeast didn’t instill enough U of L hate in his son.

• Luether
      6:53 pm August 17, 2017 Permalink

Would like it better if we were getting 4 and 5 star recruits instead of the 3 star ones…

6. Realme
    10:26 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

I like not having drunk people spill beer on me at games, but it is weird that it isn’t allowed.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:29 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Well they were talking about Jim Gray taking down the confederate statues on national cable news yesterday. Engraved invitation for the hate speech, intimidation, and violence of the left wing and right wing radicals to disturb an otherwise peaceful community.
    Yeah, they have a right to free speech, but not hate speech likely to endanger the public. Just don’t allow their parades, rallies, or protests….bring in the National Guard.

• ukjaybrat
      10:33 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

they screwed up. if you’re going to do something like that. just do it. if you’re not going to give the public the chance to vote on it, why tell them. just take the damn statues down and don’t tell anybody., why make a spectacle of it? you’re just doing yourself a disservice and inviting unwanted chaos. the city has itself to blame imo.

• Realme
      10:35 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

I don’t see why moving the statues, rather than just taking them down (which is what Lexington is doing) isn’t a good compromise. The place where they are now (the site of a slave market) is inappropriate, so why not fix that? But then the radicals you mentioned that will show up to cause trouble don’t really care about being reasonable.

• secrick
      10:38 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Thank goodness for sports to take our minds of this BS

• Booby Petrino
      10:39 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Makes one wonder if Mr Gray is grandstanding. Take it down, is there is a need to announce it and do a media tour about it before doing so?

• You’re all just making so much sense that you could never be politicians.

• Realme
      10:42 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Yes, BP and Jay, the publicity tour was pretty weird, and definitely made matters worse.

• runningunnin.454
      10:54 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Terry McAuliffe of Virginia knew that was coming to Charlottesville, and did nothing. I guess we will stand idly by as well.
      Did y’all watch that HBO news video the other day; chilling…this is our country.
      That guy with unite the right brings his 9mm’s, 380’s into peaceful towns and he’s “ready to kill”.
      Put in the Guard, and he will leave; people like that generally don’t want to fight those that know how to fight.

• Realme
      10:57 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

They said Louisville police and the Ky state police will assist Lexington.

• Realme
      11:00 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

I want to make a shirt that mocks their stupid tiki torches. How do they take themselves seriously with that?

• Booby Petrino
      11:04 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

It would be nice if the people of Lex ignore them and do something else for the day…something positive for the city. Clean up parks or assist in areas of town where people need help. Let the cops deal with these jerks. Do not give them a bigger stage. Screaming at them only adds fuel to their fire of ignorance.

8. Realme
    10:50 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Prostitutes for coach = lose your job. Prostitutes for underage recruits = fine. Weird.

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Ridiculous isn’t it?

9. RealCatsFan
    10:51 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

The things that Matt is saying about Hugh Freeze are magnified one thousand times when it comes to the UNC scandal. All those years that we had to swallow that crap about the “Carolina Way”, and they have had perhaps the biggest academic cheating scandal in history. And the NCAA might not do anything to them!

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Throw in Duke and their holier than thou attitude when everyone knows they paid players too.

• secrick
      11:00 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

They have to , don’t they? I mean it’s cheating . I don’t think the N.C. fans think anything will happen because of ole Roy but i think they are in for a shock this time.

• runningunnin.454
      11:02 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Not expecting anything; except maybe a smackdown of the women’s basketball team.

10. Realme
    11:26 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Any time the students are asked why they don’t show up better (bball), they whine about the lottery process. May be time to take that online or something.

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Students shouldn’t have to buy tickets to watch their team, their classmates play. Didn’t when I was up there. Make a buck, that’s all.
      When UK football was on pay-per-view several years ago, I wrote C.M. Newton a letter raising H.
      To his credit, he replied personally; but, I still didn’t buy the argument. This is still amateur athletics, and a state institution.

• ukjaybrat
      11:49 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

Yeah the lottery process is antiquated. no reason they can’t do the whole thing online now. use your student account, apply for tickets via the “online lottery” and the first 1000 students or whatever can claim up to 4 tickets. It should be THAT simple.

• J-Dub421
      11:55 am August 17, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know why they even have a lottery. You don’t buy concert tickets like that. Have a student allotment of tickets, and just let students buy them online. First come, first served, just like everything else.