Watch Boogie’s reaction when told he had been traded

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 12.40.54 AM

There is video evidence of the moment DeMarcus Cousins learned he had been traded, during his postgame interviews following the All-Star game.

Watch as someone leans in and whispers something to Cousins and then how he answered the next question:

Boogie loved Sacramento and wanted to be there forever, but he seems excited to be going to a playoff contender, two hours from his hometown.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Watch Boogie’s reaction when told he had been traded

1. bballdoc
    1:11 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

Finally, Boogie is released from purgatory. The Pelican now have two true superstars.

2. chris43
    5:39 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

Love seeing former Wildcats teamed up in the NBA. I wonder how it’ll work with both being superstar bugs but it would appear on paper at least that they’re a couple pieces away from being a legit title contender. Davis and Cousins…….😵😵😵😵😵😲……..wow what a 4 and 5!

3. KYcats11
    7:08 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

Now try to get brandon knight or something

• Mathlete
      8:22 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

I hear Phoenix has a surplus of former Wildcat guards, maybe they could work something out?

4. Han
    7:20 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

So much for Boogie signing that $200 million max contract to stay in Sacremento.

But my God, Boogie and Davis on the same team? And in theory, we could see a lineup at times that features Terrence Jones at the 3, Davis at the 4 and Cousins at the 5.

And to think the Pelicans just made a move to put 2 of those top 5 players of Cal’s in one lineup…

5. BBNBRIAN
    7:45 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

Unfortunately no payroll in the NBA could support all 5 of Cal’s dream lineup.

6. nybrasky
    7:59 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

No one really loves Sacramento or wants to be there any longer than required. But, pay me $200+ million and I’d say what you want me to say too. I’m happy for Boogie that he’s finally free from that inept organization. Hopefully he signs long-term with the Pelicans and he and AD can get something going. If not, I hope he joins Wall in Washington.

7. UK Fan In Nashville
    10:01 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

Sacramento was a game ahead of New Orleans and only a game and a half out of the top 8 in the playoff race. Not saying this isn’t a better situation for Boogie, but the Kings were just as much a playoff contender as the Pelicans.

• Catsby80
      10:37 am February 20, 2017 Permalink

Not true. Boogie had absolutely zero around him in Sacramento. New Orleans now has 2 top 10 players in the NBA on the same team. They are in much better shape than Sacramento was and will be.

8. jaws2
    1:18 pm February 20, 2017 Permalink

If this is finalized, the Pelicans will make the playoffs.