The Suns love Devin Booker

Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight have the starting backcourt locked up in Phoenix, but Devin Booker is going to see some serious playing time right away. In a story on NBA.com, Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek suggested Booker will be the first off the bench for his team.

“He’s pretty solid all around,” Hornacek said of the former Cat. “Obviously, he can stroke it. And defensively, when I look at him, most of the time he’s in the right position.”

Sounds like Booker is on his way to being the man out in Arizona. But it looks like his heart is still here…

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for The Suns love Devin Booker

1. Kara Tin
    5:37 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

Dude’s growin’ his fro. Good kid. I wish him the best. Truly surprised me this year. Thought Trey Lyles was THE next big Pro. He is going to be unreal. But so will D. Booker. Just a splendid year.

2. Bluetothebone
    6:00 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

All that nba talent again and still no NC…amazing and depressing

• No, you are not blue to the bone...
      6:21 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

Amazing? Really? Final 4. 38 and 1. Find another team to support.

• Bluetothebone
      6:25 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

Idiotic comment…probably been a Cat fan longer than you hAve been alive…So no you don’t know me…

• Truman Capote
      6:33 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

B2B: I concur. There are reasons that will not be known in our lifetime. They exist, confidentially. Our task is to accept the greatness that was – and move on. And wish for next year’s continued greatness. Beat Louisville. Final 4. NCAA championship. Banners. It is good to be a KENTUCKY fan!

3. Kyblue34
    6:01 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

One of the downsides of the platooning is that we didn’t really get to see Devin’s full arsenal. In a normal year and playing 30+ minutes a game, I think he could have easily averaged 18-20 ppg and had at least a couple 30 point games. Plus, he was a very underrated defender coming out of high school. Good luck, Devin!

• catdaddyd
      11:42 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

As long as he isn’t guarding Dekker, I guess he D is ok.

4. Bluetothebone
    6:26 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

Good luck to Devin!!!!!!

5. BigBluSoTru
    7:20 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

Out of the West this season i expect 1. Kings Boogie, TrillWill 2.Suns Bledsoe,Booker,Goodwin 3. Rockets. Jones 4. Jazz Lyles 5. Randall . in that order for the playoffs.