Report: DeMarcus Cousins earns spot in 2014 Team USA player pool

boogie-for-america

Here’s some excellent news for your commute home: ESPN’s Marc Stein is reporting that DeMarcus Cousins has earned a spot on Team USA’s preliminary 2014 roster.  Stein said that Cousins, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Steph Curry are among the 25-30 players in the player pool with the chance to make Team USA’s final 12-man roster that will compete in the World Cup of Basketball in Spain this summer.  The full list of players will be announced tomorrow.  Anthony Davis is also expected to make the cut.

DeMarcus is rolling in the league right now, with 15 straight double doubles.  This almost makes up for him not being an All-Star.  Almost.

8 Comments for Report: DeMarcus Cousins earns spot in 2014 Team USA player pool

1. pfife
    5:54 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

JWall vs Rondo @ 7. Boogie VS TJones @ 8. For the first time in my life I’m thankful for Time Warner (Free preview of nba league pass)

2. The Loco Pollo
    5:59 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

Have they actually announced All-Stars? No way Boogie gets left out.

3. WV Wildcat
    6:07 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

Boogie’s still got a good chance to be an All-Star. He was never going to be a fan-voted starter (those’ll be announced tomorrow), but I’d be surprised if the coaches don’t make him a reserve, maybe one of the two “wild card” picks. Not totally shocked, but surprised. Although it may come down to either him or AD. The reserves don’t get announced until the 30th.

4. The W
    6:32 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

This is at least twice this site has said Boogie isn’t an All-Star, yet the teams haven’t even been selected! Either someone is in the know, or it’s a simple tale of no fact checking, which has been prevalent on here before. I’m taking the latter.

5. TimPRP
    7:38 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Pretty Sure she just doesnt know how they select the teams. He will be an allstar. Almost a lock.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      9:50 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Almost a lock? Sadly, no. There is still a chance Boogie will be named an All-Star, but unfortunately, it doesn’t look great.

6. TimPRP
    10:47 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Trust me, I watch tons of NBA and keep up with it as much as UK sports. Cuz will make it.

Aldridge
    Love
    Cousins
    Davis
    Maybe Dirk or Tim Duncan in this order as far as front court reserves in the west