New York Times: Karl Towns adding tricks to his game

USATSI_8483707_154849602_lowres

Karl-Anthony Towns has been doing everything we thought he would this season in Minnesota. He’s blocked a lot of shots, had several highlight reel dunks, charmed his way through interviews, and currently leads the race for Rookie of the Year. These skills were all displayed in his game last Wednesday against the Lakers – when he tallied 26 points, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks, and even busted out a Shaq impersonation in the post-game interview for good measure.

But lately he’s added a new tweak to his game: the three-point shot.

Though we knew he could shoot at Kentucky, Cal put Karl on a short leash from behind the arc. However, he’s been honing the skill lately in the pros. He hit 6-9 during a recent five game stretch and is shooting a cool 41.2% on the season.

Can he come back and do some of that this year?

Apparently, Karl still has more tricks in his bag.

I always want to be working on the tricks in my bag,” Towns said. “I just wait to develop the trick fully and make sure it’s the best trick I can possibly use.”

I have no doubt that this is exactly how KAT operates.

Keep doing big things, Karl.

Article written by Caleb Epley

Vanderbilt student, Kentucky fan. Skilled at using big words and telling bad jokes. Twitter: @CalebEpleyKSR

19 Comments for New York Times: Karl Towns adding tricks to his game

1. Leuther
    9:20 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

Jon Miller is a jackass…

• Twick39
      9:56 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

Thank you! I don’t know why matt continues to let that piece of garbage to write for this site. The best part is that the ass clown won’t even let people comment on his bs. I don’t even bother reading his sh!t because it’s all the same crap. Wise up ksr that guy sucks…….. GO CATS

• Saul T. Nuts
      10:03 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

I guess the comments were to rough for the DBag? Please KSR, please kick Miller to the curb.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:07 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

And while we’re at it, can we keep all Muslims off this site?

• inside info2
      12:16 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

“My good friends, for the second time in our history, a British Prime Minister has returned from Germany bringing peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Go home and get a nice quiet sleep.”

— Jonathan Miller, probably. But Neville Chamberlain too.

And KSR, stop being ____. If someone is big enough to write an editorial they should be big enough to take their lumps in the comments section. There are no “safe spaces” on KSR!

2. hartlines left arm
    10:34 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

This site sucks more by the day, keep all the political and religious crap off a Kentucky sports site please. If KSR loves Muslims so much go live with the chicken shits in some middle eastern country and take the ones here with you.

3. mikeintn
    11:26 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

I agree with the others I have know idea why he is allowed to post on here, I wish he’s stupid butt was in the middle of Iran, and we drop a nuke on it. Lets see, if we had not let any of them in here, oh that’s right they would have been some people here alive today, but we may have not won a ball game, so I guess we can sacrifice a few people for the cause, after all it wasn’t my family, man your an Idiot!

• UK Big Board Update
      11:48 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

Know.

His.

He’s.

You’re.

Your.

Are you expecting someone to take you seriously?

4. mikeintn
    12:41 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

I guess I was a little excited, just lucky to have you to fix it.

5. Megan
    12:41 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

Kentucky “overwhelmingly” Christian? Almost 50% are not affiliated with any religion or church. And you can bet that some were too embarrassed to admit it. I’m an atheist who subscribes to the Freudian notion that religion is a neurosis. I also agree with George Carlin that it’s like a lift in your shoes. If you need it to walk a little taller and a little straighter, fine. Just don’t go nailing lifts on the feet of the natives.

• Long Dong Silver
      1:06 pm December 14, 2015 Permalink

Carlin…What a great show that guy put on. I was lucky enough to see him across 3 decades.

6. Twick39
    7:29 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

#ksrmillersucks

7. Piedma Schwartz
    9:22 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

#ksrmillersucks

8. stampincat
    10:56 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

Thank you Jonathan Miller for a beautiful article that many UK fans are too ignorant to appreciate. Their ignorance leads to fear and as we know fear leads to hatred. Which politicians love to prey on. Shame on all of you that call yourselves followers of Christ and act like this.

9. chimichanga
    11:08 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

What a bunch of crybabies on here. No one is forcing you to come here and read articles you don’t like.

• Long Dong Silver
      1:10 pm December 14, 2015 Permalink

Really? A guy with a gun comes to my house and forces me to read. It’s quite scary, I assure you.

10. somerset bill
    11:40 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

all these other posts would be politics-free if they would just open the comments on the political ones. then anyone who wanted to skip the politics, could just skip the post. they avoid the left wing posts, the right wing response, the left wing response to the response, etc. everyone goes away feeling like they got what they expected from ksr.

who exactly are you guys protecting with the closed comments section? is it the poster? is jonathon the sensitive sort? is it the readers? the readers who have to scroll down to read the comments? all the commenters who say someone doesn’t have to read these posts, never even consider the idea that they don’t have to read the comments to the posts.

11. somerset bill
    11:43 am December 14, 2015 Permalink

actually, i remember now that i came into this post to say how great it was that one day the big question in the nba would be whether anthony davis was the best player who ever lived or karl towns was.

12. SarcastiCAT
    1:01 pm December 14, 2015 Permalink

Karl Towns is such a great kid. He won’t be satisfied until he has fine tuned his game. Wish we could have had him one more year.