Marquis Teague headed back to the D-League

Marquis+Teague+Eval

It looks like Marquis Teague is headed back to Iowa. This morning, the Chicago Bulls assigned Teague to the Iowa Energy in the D-League for the second time this season. Teague spent about 12 hours in the D-League earlier this month, only to have the Bulls call him back up after Mike James sprained his MCL.

So far this season, Teague has averaged 2.4 points per game and 1.5 assists per game in 12.7 minutes per game for the Bulls. Here’s hoping the D-League has the same effect on him as it did Terrence Jones.

9 Comments for Marquis Teague headed back to the D-League

1. rlburd2
    12:15 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

Will you make me a sandwich?

2. Orange Julius
    12:27 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

Absolutely shocking development. Didnt see this coming at all !!!

3. Should be
    12:49 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

Teague should be UK’s starting PG as a junior this year while Andrew watches and learns playing 8-10 minutes per game. But alas, I long for Christmas past. Not the way it works anymore.

• Lewis
      12:56 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

I wouldn’t say he’d be the starting PG this year but certainly would have been last year and the results of last season would have (should have) been different. But, he went pro and the rest is history as they say.

I’m not sure he has the skill to be a starting PG in the league but should be able to play as a viable back up for many years.

4. dustin
    1:04 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

Don’t forget what the D-League done for Keleena Azubuike either!

5. I Say
    1:16 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

I hate when KSR posts this like his career is over. He is only in his second year of the league and was a first round pick. Teams use the D league for players like Teague to get some playing time so they dont just sit on the bench. The bulls like Teague from what I see during games and he usually plays well from what I hear and see. Teague is fine, the Bulls are one of the best organizations and the league and know how to manage players. They’re not going to give up on their first round pick after his second year. Besides, the bulls are awfully thin at the guard spot. I Imagine he’ll be back in chicago within a week.

6. beavis606
    2:14 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

His career is over. Did it ever really start? Poster child for staying more than a year

7. Geese
    3:20 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

They’re panicking on Teague otherwise he would have been the backup PG to Rose before the season started (he wasn’t). They brought in Mike James to backup Rose. James hurts his knee, they decide to give keys to Teague and he dropped the ball. Bulls then bring in DJ Augustin to run the show and he has played pretty well.

If the above doesn’t tell you that the Bulls are thisclose to pulling the plug on Teague, then there isn’t much else that will convince you. He’s toast. TS.

8. Jughead
    5:27 pm December 26, 2013 Permalink

He’ll be back after he gets some playing time.