Malik Monk Received a Smack on the Head from Michael Jordan after Late Error

Malik Monk’s late-game gaffe resulted in retribution from Charlotte Hornets owner Michael Jordan.

Charlotte and Detroit were tied at 106 with less than five seconds remaining, when Jeremy Lamb drove to the right for a pull-up jumper.  The contested shot went through the net for a game-winner.  As the crowd erupted, Monk sprinted from the bench onto the court to celebrate with Lamb, however, there were still .3 left on the clock.

Monk’s premature court-rushing cost his team a technical foul.  Luckily, it did not cost his team the game, but Michael Jordan made sure Monk knew he messed up.  The Hornets’ owner chastised him, then swatted Monk in the back of the head.  The former Wildcat received one more lump before the pair laughed off the incident.

The clip has taken over NBA Twitter.  I’m sure Monk wishes the following dunk was the go-to highlight, not the controversial smack from MJ.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

22 Comments for Malik Monk Received a Smack on the Head from Michael Jordan after Late Error

1. Alex90
    10:43 am December 13, 2018 Permalink

There is no controversy? Why is KSR trying to make the slap a big deal

• ukbradstith
      11:00 am December 13, 2018 Permalink

I missed the part where anyone said controversy or anything about it being a big deal. Did I miss something?

• StillBP
      11:08 am December 13, 2018 Permalink

“The former Wildcat received one more lump before the pair laughed off the incident.” Doesn’t sound like controversy to me. Sounds like they are just posting about what I’m seeing on Yahoo, USA Today, MSN…they’re just saying it’s the clip that’s taken over the internet today.

• Alex90
      12:20 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

So when he says controversial slap in the last paragraph what does that mean? Also Matt Jones tweeted about it this morning

• ukbradstith
      12:35 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

I missed the line between the pictures, so I apologize. Certainly no controversy though.

2. CatManDo
    10:46 am December 13, 2018 Permalink

All in fun and I am perfectly fine with it.
    But you know there are people out there that are going to be offended that he put his hands on a player, just like when a football coach grabs a player by the facemask.

I’m just glad it was someone like Jordan as opposed to someone like Tom Thibodeau – if you know what I am getting at. Then there would really be a controversy. It wouldn’t make a difference to me but we know how touchy this can be.

3. peaches76
    10:54 am December 13, 2018 Permalink

Always……mountain out of a mole hill

4. unbridled
    10:55 am December 13, 2018 Permalink

Jordan is the GOAT and it’s not even close.

• IndianaSucks
      3:25 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

It’s EXTREMELY close. Splitting hairs, really. Only people who would under no circumstance change their mind think it’s MJ head and shoulders above a couple others.

• JASUN74
      6:16 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

Unbridled, you’re 100% correct on that. IUSux, sorry, but if you think anyone is close then you’re dumb as shiiit!! And have no idea about basketball. You may be 13 or 14 and may think LeBron is , but you would be wrong.

• IndianaSucks
      9:18 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

And you’re probably 60 and will never change your mind…fyi much much older than 14. I don’t think lebron is either. All I said was that anyone who thinks Jordan is up and away the best who ever laced them up needs to watch more than just 90’s bulls highlights. Nice try though bud. P.S. your mom spelled your name wrong.

5. BTownUKFan
    11:25 am December 13, 2018 Permalink

That’s a “big brother gettin’ little brother back in line” smack. No biggie.

• BTownUKFan
      1:28 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

What’d I say this morning: The Hornets owner, says “It was like a big brother and little brother tap. No negative intent. Only love!”.

6. kuhlkat
    11:30 am December 13, 2018 Permalink

Matt the snowflakes Jones will be highly offended Jordan slapped Monk

7. Hilarious!

8. katfan33
    12:25 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

Trump’s fixer is going to prison!! Oh happy days!! The dominos are falling right in place.

• catsarerunnin
      12:30 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

Oh a lawyer going to prison for lying and tax fraud is news? That’s a daily event but I guess some put more importance on such things than I do.

• sportsbird66
      2:18 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

You’re a moron wrapped in an idiot!!!

9. nicky
    1:47 pm December 13, 2018 Permalink

And the most annoying PGA Tour player right there behind Jordan….Keegan Bradley….his pre-shot routine drives playing partners crazy

10. mrpokerchips