Kevin Durant calls Anthony Davis the “next in line”

“I know how good he’s going to be,” Durant said of Davis after today’s USA Basketball practice. “I know how good he is now, but I know how good he’s going to be. He’s an MVP-caliber player. So he’s next. He’s next in line — a guy that has grown so much in just a year. I’m excited to see what he does from here. He’s definitely on pace.”

Davis, who is almost a lock to make the team, said Durant’s comments push him to work even harder.

Maybe someone should push him toward a haircut.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Kevin Durant calls Anthony Davis the “next in line”

1. UKgrad'13
    8:55 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Noooo, no haircut. If it were up to me, he’d grow out a full blown fro, then he would look like something straight out of the 70’s; tall and skinny yet super athletic with an all-encompassing game (and the hair to top it all off). Can’t wait to see how he does next season. Durant is right, he’s a superstar in the making.

• theWilkman
      9:39 am July 30, 2014 Permalink

I’m with you 100%. Davis needs a fro to go with the brow.

2. Not a hair stylist
    9:07 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Looks like jaylen browns hair

3. Reality check
    9:30 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

His hair looks fine. It’s your perception of how black people are supposed to look that needs adjusting. The modern “cool” white dude haircut is the “bed hair” where it sticking in every direction.

• Real Reality check
      9:59 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

don’t you just love the guy who jumps at every opportunity to take an innocent comment and start an argument about racism. you see what you wanna see, I guess.

• Craig
      1:07 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

It isn’t overt, intentional racism. Absolutely wouldn’t say Drew is racist. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t societal double standards that we unthinkingly perpetuate. We, everybody. Pointing them out isn’t insulting or demeaning to people, it isn’t accusatory of malice. Just shining light on double standards we overlook.

• Craig
      1:09 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

That being said, his hair definitely looks pretty messy in this picture, but he IS on the court playing. My hair gets kind of ugly when I’m running and sweating too.

4. William
    10:24 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Great sports article. Wow good points all around!

5. KGM
    11:25 pm July 29, 2014 Permalink

Respect the Brow

6. kybabe63
    12:36 am July 30, 2014 Permalink

I don’t care if he wears his shorts on his head (sorry, I have a pic of my granddaughter that way as a baby… LOL), I just really enjoy watching Anthony Davis play basketball. And I want to watch him develop into a top rated NBA all-star as he fine tunes his game. Like a fine wine, I expect he’ll get better & better over time…. no matter the hairstyle.

7. uk
    12:59 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Looks like he has put on some muscle.