Karl Towns reacts to Devin Booker’s squabble: “I got Gorgui”

Karl Towns and Devin Booker may have earned adjoining places in the hearts of the BBN forever during the 2014-15 season, but Karl-Anthony Towns has to side with his new teammate after last night’s altercation during the Timberwolves-Suns game.

I love Devin like a brother … but I got Gorgui,” Towns said in a postgame interview after Minnesota’s win.

In case you haven’t seen it yet (is there anyone who hasn’t seen it by now?), check out the video of ex-Cat Devin Booker versus ex-Card Gorgui Dieng.

After the game, Dieng joked he “just wanted to exchange jerseys with [Booker], nothing else.”

And while Kentucky fans are all, of course, #TeamBooker, Dieng’s slight size advantage is worth noting: Dieng is listed at 6-foot-11, 252 pounds; Booker is listed at 6-foot-6, 210 pounds.

Whatever – I’ll still take Booker all day. Cats by 90.

@MaggieDavisKSR

Article written by Maggie Davis

I love sports, podcasts, long walks on the beach and Twitter (@MaggieDavisKSR)

20 Comments for Karl Towns reacts to Devin Booker’s squabble: “I got Gorgui”

1. Bobbum Man
    7:47 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Gorgui has always played for the Twolves… not a new teammate

• Go Deep
      8:13 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

New as in not a former UK teammate.

• IrishCat
      8:27 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Yeah. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out that “new” is used relative to Devin..

2. mcp157
    8:17 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Booker needs to grow up! He’s a punk

• BBNDan7
      8:40 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, the kid who just donated a bunch of money to charities is a “punk”. Good call

3. Cletis75
    8:45 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

D-Book has to be smarter than that. There’s going to be elbows that are sometimes inadvertent. He’s gotta stay in the game. He’s way too important to his team’s success. The Suns lose alot when he’s off the floor, the wolves without Gorgui, not so much.

• mashburnfan1
      9:25 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

They were losing by 20 at the time with him on the floor, to a less than average team.

• bigbluebanana
      9:28 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

To be fair, they lose a lot when he’s on the floor too.

• 4everUKblue
      9:35 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

To be fair Mashburn is not really a UK fan.

• bigbluebanana
      2:05 am January 24, 2019 Permalink

Lol 4ever!

• mashburnfan1
      11:55 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

to be fair just renewed my football season tix. Also try to see UK Hoops, baseball, softball and volleyball teams play every year despite living 3.5 hours from Lex. Am sick of the basketball turnover every year so don’t go anymore. Do have tix for the NCAA tourney in Columbus {only half hour drive away} so if UK gets put there I will see them by default. I used to follow them proudly, was in Loserville and Cleveland for the undefeated run. Just tired of the new team every year and personally I don’t think Cal is a good coach, said it when hired. I think he does a lot of great things for UK and teaches these young men great life lessons just sick of one and done and now we don’t even get the top guys like back then.

• bigbluebanana
      2:20 am January 24, 2019 Permalink

Mash, so what’s your solution? Stop going after 5 star guys? If we don’t get 7 of the top 10 high schoolers every year we should just forfeit the season? This is college ball now, if you don’t like it, go root for Nevada or Tennessee or some other program that is only relevant every four years or so. No one will miss you if you just log out of the UK universe. Our recruiting class has literally been ranked first or second every single year Cal has been here…every one of them…but oh, he can’t recruit! You and a few others say Cal is a bad coach, but sportscasters, other college coaches, nba gm’s, former players (even the ones that didn’t come here) and most of our own fan base consider him one of the best of all time, but you and your boys are the ones that really know huh? Tired of this bashing Cal, our kids, our team, our former players, and anyone else by our own damn fan base. It’s ludicrous. Cal made Kentucky relevant again and all y’all do is talk shjt and complain. Not a person in the world I’d rather have than Cal and not a team I believe in more than ours on any given year, and a vast majority of UK fans feel exactly the same way. Kentucky is in the national conversation every single year, I don’t see how that upsets you. And these kids that you seem to hate for leaving after a year? What’s wrong with that. I’m a lifelong fan of UK, deep in my heart I, like all diehard UK fans, know what it means to play for Kentucky, but if I was good enough to go get millions, or hundreds of thousands after one semester you bet your azz I’m leaving that blue jersey for the next man up and leaving to go pursue my dream.

• Matt10
      3:07 am January 24, 2019 Permalink

Couple things BBB…even real fans are allowed to be critical. Born and raised in Lex, lifelong fan and I detest this one n done culture, too. I still watch and support but it’s just not the same anymore. Two, Cal did not make UK relevant. He helped us out of a low but we’d have bounced back anyway. We are UK!! And we’ll still be one of the top programs long after Cal is gone, because we have the most passionate fans in the country.

• 4everUKblue
      8:10 am January 24, 2019 Permalink

Mash anybody with deep pockets can buy tickets and go to games, but a fan backs his teams and his coaches and doesn’t whine nonstop and make excuses for the losses for are arch rivals (dUKe). You’re guilty of all of the above. You are a disgrace to your username and the BBN!

• 4everUKblue
      8:19 am January 24, 2019 Permalink

Matt, being born and raised in Lex does not make you more a loyal fan than anyone else and I agree with banana, Cal did make us relevant again and you have to be special not to see that. Look at Nova, sure they won two back to back but what did they do before that and how in the hell would the whiner fans of Kentucky ever be able to handle that? The haters don’t want Cal to get the one and done but then criticize him for not getting the top picks, who guess what, are one and dones. We do have some of the most passionate fans but our passion is shown in both love and hate.

4. mcp157
    8:58 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Bobby Knight did a lot of good, too. But his bad actions still made him an huge rear end. What’s your pointt BBNDan7?

5. RealCatsFan
    9:11 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Watching the UT/Vandy game and refs just basically gave UT the game. Vandy was up six with less than a minute left, got a rebound and was called for a BS flagrant hook and hold on the rebound.

• 4everUKblue
      9:40 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Don’t like that they got an unfair advantage but there is still a chance for us to knock them off that numero uno ranking in Rupp…AND dUKe is still not number one.

6. RealCatsFan
    9:46 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

I sure hope the zebras are not that generous to UT when they come to Rupp. There will be mass rioting if they are.

7. W F Reserve
    9:49 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Saw the end of same game. This time Pat Adams made a bad call, don’t even think it was a foul on Vandy. Williams hooks over Vandy guy first, then throws himself up in the air with a flop. Baffles me after going to monitor they can’t see this. But on the other hand, they know exactly what they are doing. Wish I knew why.