Karl-Anthony Towns posts tribute to late mother Jackie

Three months ago, Jacqueline Cruz, the mother of Karl-Anthony Towns, passed away due to complications from COVID-19. We haven’t heard much from Karl lately — understandably — but yesterday, he took to social media to post a tribute to his mother on what would have been her 60th birthday and her 30th wedding anniversary.

In March, Towns donated $100,000 to the Mayo Clinic for COVID-19 testing. Ten days later, he revealed that his parents had tested positive and his mother had been placed in a medically-induced coma, pleading with fans to take the virus seriously. (Thankfully, Karl Sr. has recovered.)

Sadly, that message still resonates today. Our hearts continue to go out to the Towns family during this difficult time.

6 Comments for Karl-Anthony Towns posts tribute to late mother Jackie

1. UKBigBlueForever
    11:08 am July 21, 2020 Permalink

So sad to think about all of the lives lost to this, not just hers. Then you have people like 4everUKBlue who do nothing but insult people because apparently he is the only one that knows how to do research on this topic. His comeback to everything is, quit watching MSM and do your own research. Well guess what buddy, I have done my own research and this pandemic is real. The numbers might be skewed somewhat, and I’m not arguing with that, never have. The MSM sucks, generally speaking, I’ve never argued with that either. But to belittle people because they don’t share your opinion is rather insulting.

YOUR problem is you believe EVERYTHING you read that isn’t the MSM. Some of the MSM is actually accurate regardless of what you think. Your last comment about how “you watch out for yourself and no one else and everyone else should be doing the same” says all I needed to know about you and your personality. You’re a selfish, narcissist, redneck. This country wasn’t built for people like you, and it’s also going to be the downfall of our country, NOT THE GOVERNMENT that you think is “taking over the world”

• 4everUKBlue
      12:46 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Tiny Dancer and my biggest fanboy, I read about two sentences before I realized just how ignorant you really are, the disease is between your ears little buddy and the bottom line is she may have died with coronavirus but from something other than coronavirus. Unless you had her autopsied and care to share the results you are taking the word of MSM and while drooling in front of the TV, you must be doing your research at wethesheeple.com

Anyone who expects me to sacrifice my health for theirs is going to be greatly disappointed, I sure as hell don’t expect that from anyone and it’s selfish of you to expect that of me in the name of the mask bullshit. There is far more scientific proof that the mask is detrimental to your health than there is wearing a mask protects you at all, in fact there is no scientific proof the mask does anything. Call me whatever makes you feel superior and keep drinking that kool aid and people like you will be the the downfall of this country, but I imagine your well accustomed to being on your knees. Truthfully I feel sorry for people like you who are so clueless and only good at name calling and insults. I really do appreciate your obsession with me but it is you who is belittling me, insulting me and calling me names because you don’t agree with my links I’ve provided. You have yet to prove any of the links I have provided false, you’ve done nothing but spew insults and name call, because you can’t prove any of them wrong, that would mean you’d have to do some work. Just keep breathing in your own germs, it’s working so well for you so far.

• 4everUKBlue
      12:54 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

And just to be clear, I really don’t care what you think of me so why waste what little brain power you have left insulting me?

• UKBigBlueForever
      1:30 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

4everUKBlue, your age really shows. Tiny Dancer…I mean wtf does that even mean? Must be an insult people said to each other back in the 60s or something…. So masks don’t help? But hospitals across the world use them daily to help keep things as sanitary as possible. I guess they wear N95s for fun right?? All masks aren’t created equal, I know that. But to tell me a mask doesn’t help at all is just stupid. It isn’t 100% effective for covid but even 60% effective is better than 0% (not wearing one). There is PLENTY of proof a mask does protect, you just believe only what you want to believe. You are the definition of a selfish crazy conspiracy theorist that thinks everyone is out to get them all the time. Little brain power I have left..lmao. I have a doctorate degree and could run circles are you old geezer

• UKBigBlueForever
      1:39 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Hopefully your IQ is high enough to see the autocorrect mistake at the end of my reply to you. But let me say it one more time. I have a doctorate degree level education, I’ve got much more brainpower than you who surfs the internet believing any article he reads.

2. UKBigBlueForever
    1:34 pm July 21, 2020 Permalink

Read this and STFU about me or anyone else not posting articles… https://science.sciencemag.org/content/368/6498/1422