John Wall shows off his new “Great Wall” tattoo atop the Great Wall

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 6.53.49 PM

John Wall is in China right now promoting adidas, and this morning, posted this impressive shot of his new tattoo, which reads “Great Wall,” atop the Great Wall of China. I’m not even mad about those puns. That’s impressive.

So is the lighting on the Great Wall(s) for the adidas event:

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 7.01.42 PM

Wall is promoting his new Cherry Blossom-inspired shoes for adidas:

wallshoes314a

Would you wear them?

20 Comments for John Wall shows off his new “Great Wall” tattoo atop the Great Wall

1. Umm
    10:07 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

I’m a huge UK fan, and I think John Wall awesome. With that said, that tattoo is goofy!!!! Smh

2. Duuuuuude
    10:10 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

3. EC
    10:21 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

“Would you wear them? ”

Uh…no thanks. I’d sooner wear Jerry Seinfeld’s puffy shirt.

4. mike
    10:51 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

That is so great! I think he should get many more, then we can all talk about how good they look.

5. James K
    10:55 pm August 20, 2014 Permalink

Plenty of people will. Those are the second Kobe’s from Adidas.

• black people!
      1:22 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

thank you. these are not “john walls”, for such an iconic kick its amazing so called basketball fans dont recognize them. theyre great shoes, and unlike nike adidas puts some effort into making sure their retros are the same quality as the OGs. glad john is getting some heat

6. Jpelini
    12:40 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

I remember when Wall use to pride himself on having no tattoos when he was a freshman at UK. He said he knew he was a role model to children so he couldn’t set a bad example and Cal publicly praised him for it. While I still think Wall is a good guy, it’s shocking how much that has changed since then.

• theWilkman
      9:31 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

He’s only inked in places he can cover with a basketball jersey, same as Kevin Durant. It amazes me that in 2014 people still judge others over tattoos. It’s even sillier to judge an athlete, particularly an NBA athlete, as it is clearly part of the culture.

• TimeFor9
      10:10 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

I’m not judging him as a person with tattoos, but tattoos are ugly and junky. Just like bumper stickers on cars. yes, you can have all you want. and I can think you look stupid, no harm there.

• Jpelini
      11:25 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

When did I say I was judging him? I said he has done a complete 180 on his tattoos stance and it’s pretty shocking considering how outspoken he was about it. And talk about ignorant if you think keeping it under the jersey relieves him from showcasing his tattoos to kids. Who will be buying most of those shoes? Kids… Please look at the first picture linked above. He is using a tattoo to help market his shoes. And that is COMPLETELY opposite of what he opposed while he was at UK.

7. Tracks
    4:14 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

I saw John Wall’s tattoo “Great Wall” and it reminded me of The Great Wall.

8. Lexington 3
    7:24 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

If you are super-athletic on the court and can blow by people for the dunk then you can wear this shoe or anything else. You will always look good. If you are a normal guy you have to be a little more cautious about your choices… I am not sure those shoes qualify as cautious.

9. Blowb
    8:23 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

Good to see Adidas is recycling the exact same shoe design for John Wall as they did for Kobe Bryant like 12-15 years ago.

10. beavis606
    9:25 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

the shoes are pink. Lets just admit it. No man over the age of 21 would wear those. Just put a pink ribbon on it and call it a support breast cancer research shoe with some of the proceeds going to a great cause. I’d buy them then.

11. Sorry John Wall
    9:47 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

We love you but NO way I wear those shoes. Now I will buy a pair for my little girl.

12. Big Blue Coming At You
    9:57 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

Those are some ugly shoes. Not surprised coming from Adidas. They put out the ugliest gear.

13. ChicagoCat
    10:01 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

It’s cherry blossom for D.C. in case anyone didn’t pick up on that. Not sure if I would wear them, but I do think its pretty cool.

14. Biglaw Dawgin'
    10:47 am August 21, 2014 Permalink

Shoes aren’t really my style, but those shorts are siiiick.

15. springfield
    1:38 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Reminds me of the movie Idiocracy.

16. big blue
    2:14 pm August 21, 2014 Permalink

What happen to him wearing reebok? when did he switch to adidas?