John Wall Becomes Emotional After 6 Year Old Friend Passes Away Due to Cancer

B4Yf2z_IQAEbTbT

The story of John Wall and his friend Miyah was a great one from the past year. She came down with cancer and Wall as her favorite player, took it upon himself to meet her. A friendship was born that was chronicled in this great story in the Washington Post. Unfortunately she passed away today and tonight Wall played with a heavy heart. He had an amazing game, scoring 26 points and dishing 17 Assists in a Double Overtime win. But Wall was very emotional after the game and began crying when talking about his friend:

John Wall is a great young man and this is just another example. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the young girl and her family

Article written by Matt Jones

7 Comments for John Wall Becomes Emotional After 6 Year Old Friend Passes Away Due to Cancer

1. bouzoukiman
    10:59 pm December 8, 2014 Permalink

I have a little girl and I can’t imagine what the family is going through.

God bless Miyah and her family, and god bless you John Wall for the compassion you showed to them.

2. Wildcat13
    10:59 pm December 8, 2014 Permalink

Prayers for John and Miyah. Proud to have John as a member of our BBN family.

3. ukjaybrat
    7:33 am December 9, 2014 Permalink

Thanks guys, I hadn’t cried like a little girl yet today… ok, got that one out of the way.

4. ballplayerstu
    7:54 am December 9, 2014 Permalink

This melted my heart.. Wall expressed true emotion and love for that precious little girl. John Wall.. what a good heart!

5. GTx2
    9:05 am December 9, 2014 Permalink

God bless you John Wall

6. RealCatsFan
    9:55 am December 9, 2014 Permalink

Cancer sucks, and it sucks worse when a child is involved. It is just patently unfair for someone so sweet and innocent to have to go through that, and it is just unnatural for a parent to have to bury their child no matter what the cause. Prayers to Miyah, her family, and to John Wall, as this has obviously affected him deeply. You will see me walking around with a pointy bald head yet again when St. Patrick’s week rolls around as I do the St. Baldrick’s fundraiser. Every year, I wonder if I’m going to go through getting my head shaved again, and then a story like this comes along and reminds me how lucky I am to have two healthy daughters, and I realize how easy my task is.

• Dolfan66r
      1:41 pm December 9, 2014 Permalink

I second that RealCatsFan. I also have two healthy daughters and I know people that have buried children this past year due to illness and other tragedies. I cannot begin to fathom their pain. Basketball is just a game as all sports are but when someone can touch a young life and vice versa like John Wall and sweet Miyah then it gives the good people that play the sports we love even greater admiration from us. That’s what being a role model is all about!!