Jimmy Butler “fed up” with Karl-Anthony Towns

Here in Kentucky, we all love Karl-Anthony Towns. But in the Minnesota Timberwolves locker room, not everyone feels the same way.

According to The Chicago Sun Times, Jimmy Butler wants out of Minnesota because he wants to get away from Towns. The two NBA All-Stars have only been together for one season, but that’s enough for Butler, who does not plan to sign an extension to stay with the Wolves.

He’s “fed up,” the report says:

As for Butler, a league source said that he also has no intentions of signing an extension with Minnesota, all but fed up with the nonchalant attitude of his younger teammates, specifically Karl-Anthony Towns.

“I just don’t think there have been many people that have understood how important winning is to me, man,’’ Butler told the Sun-Times in late April. “I just had a conversation about that very thing with somebody – not important who – but I put so much into this game and I only play to win. I don’t play for any individual stats or accolades, any of that. And at times I get lost in how everybody is not built the way that I’m built. (Chicago Sun Times)

Butler hopes to join forces with Kyrie Irving on an Eastern Conference team in the near future. As for Towns, he will be hearing from the Timberwolves front office about a max contract very soon. There were rumors Butler would also get a max offer, but it sounds like one of the two gotta go — and the safe bet is that it’ll be Butler.

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Jimmy Butler “fed up” with Karl-Anthony Towns

1. StuckinLville
    4:07 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Obviously he doesnt know Towns very well.

• Luether
      9:42 pm July 4, 2018 Permalink

Doubt that since he played with Karl all season…

2. bhb71
    4:18 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

The author of that article is known in Chicago for being a terrible reporter. Take this report with a grain of salt.

3. Bluebloodtoo
    4:18 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

I just don’t….important to me. I and me. Me and i. Maybe the problem isn’t Towns. When 1 of 15 people on a team has a problem, it usually isn’t the 14 other team members.

• TBW3011
      5:49 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Major reach here. How else can you word it when you say how important winning is to you and that you want to win? You have to say I and me in those instances. Lol. I (forgive me for the selfish word there) don’t know what kind of guy Butler is, but nothing wrong with they way he used those words.

4. Catlogic15
    4:19 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Woah! Calling out Towns for not playing hard.

5. runningunnin.454
    4:35 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Not a good idea to call out the future of the franchise….bye, Jimmy.

6. ClutchCargo
    4:57 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

That article reads like something in TMZ. But he may not be wrong, based on how the team performed.
    Regardless, it was the wrong way to address it.

7. Aar
    5:16 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Just an NBA player’s way of competing for the biggest slice of salary cap pie they can get.

8. Rabbi Li
    5:18 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Towns did A TON of work to get in the shape that he’s in (see ESPN Body images).

Oh also this:

• NBA Rookie of the Year (2016)
    • NBA All-Rookie First Team (2016)
    • All-NBA Third Team (2018)

We don’t know what happened behind closed doors. We also don’t know if “Minnesota” has taken a notch off Karl since he’s been there. Losing has a way of becoming something that people accept when they are getting paid millions of dollars.

Regardless, Jimmy Butler is making himself untradeable in the manner in which he’s handling (A) adversity or (B) get out of dodge plan.

• TBW3011
      5:51 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Not untradeable at all. He may be wrong about KAT, if the article is even true, but Butler will be highly sought after.

9. crazycatfan65
    6:04 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Just about a month or so ago, it was reported that /butler was “fed up” with Andrew Wiggins. So who is he fed up with?

• Luether
      9:43 pm July 4, 2018 Permalink

He’s fed up with not being on a more competitive team…

10. michaelb
    6:38 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

I’m lost completely , who does not want to win? Explain pls

11. michaelb
    6:42 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Front office or towns? Towns plays awfully hard to not wanna win

12. michaelb
    7:03 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

I think it’s just a ploy by butler to seemingly set himself apart from his teammates in a positive light but it’s not working (not to me anyway)

13. Tony9h
    8:17 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Might have something to do with how Towns played in the playoffs…he was widely criticized for being soft and intidated by PJ Tucker…Tucker really tried to bully Towns and did a pretty good job doing it

14. 2thepoint
    9:34 pm July 3, 2018 Permalink

Well, Butler was traded by the Bulls and everyone knows they needed winners. Now he is back playing for that ex-bulls coach with his put-you-to-sleep offense. I think Karl layed down Karl Towns law to management theyvwould feature him more than Jimmy Butler, so now Butler is whinning again. Karl needs to get away from Tibs.

15. ukkatzfan
    2:23 am July 4, 2018 Permalink

Not one to care about numbers. Thats the words of a “defensive” specialist. Thats what we say at all of our meetings.