It seems DeMarcus Cousins and Devin Booker don’t like each other

dbdc

I’m worried about the relationship between two of my favorite former Wildcats, DeMarcus Cousins and Devin Booker.

Last night, the two engaged in a minor Cat-on-Cat scuffle after Booker was called for an off-ball foul while fighting through a Cousins screen. Cousins took a little offense to Booker’s shove on the screen, so he responded with a gentle and harmless shove of his own after the whistle. Booker retaliated and the two had to be separated by an official.

If I’m not mistaken, these two got into a shoving match during a Kings-Suns game last season. And then there’s the infamous story of Booker and Ulis squaring up with Cousins in a summer scrimmage prior to their freshman season at Kentucky in 2014, when Cousins was in town for a weekend.

Coach Cal, get on the phone and get these two together. We can’t have turmoil between two of BBN’s all-time favorites.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for It seems DeMarcus Cousins and Devin Booker don’t like each other

1. JusSayin
    11:07 am October 27, 2016 Permalink

It really seems more like Booker doesn’t like Cousins. He continues to overreact about every little thing whenever he plays against him. Maybe going back to the Ulis thing?

2. UKBlueGreen
    11:25 am October 27, 2016 Permalink

It looked like a set up to me. Afflalo (40) intentionally pushed Booker into Cousins to get the party started.

3. Laker Cat 18
    11:59 am October 27, 2016 Permalink

Looked like Cousins to me. He’s a punk, it’s part of his game.

4. ibescootch
    1:05 pm October 27, 2016 Permalink

I love Boogie like all our other players and former players, and have defended him for years, because while he’s a goon, he’s our goon. But I can’t ignore that *most of the scuffles between former players involve him. I’m sure he’s a teddy bear off the court with those guys, and they’re probably much closer friends than it looks, but on the court he seems to be really good at pushing buttons and getting his buttons pushed. Like most of our other players seem to have a level of grace when it comes to playing against the rest of La Familia, but he doesn’t seem to care about that. In fact, we know he’s pretty good at trolling people, I wouldn’t put it past him to turn it up a notch when playing against other former Cats because he knows what will get to them.

5. inside info2
    1:33 pm October 27, 2016 Permalink

#CatLivesMatter

6. UK Big Bored Update
    4:37 pm October 27, 2016 Permalink

Definitely do not KNEE big Cuz in the head (pencil-neck Jared Swopshire will advise against that).

7. Lanthal
    5:43 pm October 27, 2016 Permalink

I can’t fault boogie on this scuffle. This was all booker with the bad tude.

8. BiasedBigfoot
    8:28 pm October 27, 2016 Permalink

Makes me uncomfortable. But I guess we can’t magically expect ALL our former players to get along perfectly. Especially since there time at UK didn’t even overlap. Still don’t like it though.