IF MASON PLUMLEE MAKES TEAM USA OVER DEMARCUS COUSINS I AM MOVING TO CANADA

Word out of Team USA training camp is Mason Plumlee is likely to make the team over DeMarcus Cousins. I can’t believe I just typed those words.

ESPN’s Brian Windhorst tweeted the rumor this evening, shortly after Boogie told reporters he is very satisfied with the way he played at camp. If Boogie believes he played well, then he played well, and there isn’t enough talent in the entire Plumlee family tree for Mason to beat him out for that spot.

Unbelievable.

#FireCoachK

Article written by Drew Franklin

77 Comments for IF MASON PLUMLEE MAKES TEAM USA OVER DEMARCUS COUSINS I AM MOVING TO CANADA

1. Sammydog
    8:08 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Easy to believe as Coach K will choose his Dookie guy. Unfortunately life is not always fair.

2. Derp
    8:09 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Fug that rat-faced bastard. Hopefully Cal is still in Vegas so he can let K know in person how much of a homer piece of shizz he is

3. rainman
    8:10 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

While Coach K has every right to pick who he wants for his team! The
    other players should have some say in the matter as well! If it were me,
    I would want the very best players to give the best chance possible of
    winning!
    If K politicizes the selection, the others should take matters into their own
    hands! I would revolt!

• Bledsoe's Biceps
      9:07 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Agreed. If Coach K starts showing Duke loyalty over choosing the best players, the players should revolt. And team USA brass may want to rethink having him as the coach. His school loyalty/politics could cause some top players to pass on playing for this team. They will likely not go public with it being because of Coach K. In stead they will create convenient excuses. Nursing an injury., focusing on the upcoming NBA season, etc.

• Elaine's BF
      9:59 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

While I agree with your points, I do not agree that your points warrant so many GD exclamation points however.

4. O darn
    8:11 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Man I sure will feel bad for the guy who just signed a max contract. Not!!!

• rainman
      8:15 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I’m not exactly sure what money has to do with it!

• O darn
      8:37 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Money has everything to do with everything, ever in ever.

• Derp
      8:51 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

O darn… You’re a narrow minded moron

• O darn
      8:54 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Its called a joke dip s*** or should I say you derp. Gotcha better get the fire department in on this one, major burns.

• Derp
      8:57 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Try to refrain from making jokes that make you look like an douche

• Seek Help Immediately
      9:00 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Does your employer health plan include an EAP? If so, get help now.

• O darn
      9:01 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Thanks dad 🙂 but I don’t think you used an right in that sentence. Boom snap, crackle, and pop gotcha again.

• Derp
      9:03 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Yes, I realize that. I was going to write “an idiot” but decided “douche” was more appropriate and forgot to change it. Apparently I was correct

• Derp
      9:07 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

And please try not to use that corny tag line you use to end your last post… Doesn’t really help your douche bag status

• Derp
      9:09 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Boom snap, crackle, and pop gotcha again

• O darn
      9:12 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Hey don’t you steal my stuff man not cool not cool at all.

• Sayre
      9:13 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Congrats, O Darn, you corrected someone on their grammar, does this make you feel big or something? Now, if maybe you could correct your online etiquette to not look like a total douchebag, you’ll be perfect.

• O darn
      9:14 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

O sorry forgot boom snap, crackle, and pop. Can you feel the heat now!!! lol how do you like that one is it any better?

• O darn
      9:19 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I’m sorry Sayre but who the f invited you into this back and forth. your the one getting butt hurt over something that doesn’t involve you in the least. Now be gone witch yo broke azz.

• O darn
      9:21 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

And no correcting his grammar doesn’t make me feel big, your wife does when I’m railing her, o shit no body is safe tonight this fire is out of control.

5. Chris
    8:11 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I honestly think Coach K is terrified of Cousins. Screw that rat.

6. Wow
    8:12 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Sucks but i think with demarcous’ 5 million a year it will blow over if he doesn’t make it

7. rainman
    8:12 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Let him put ALL PUKIES on the team, and see how well they do!

• C-Los
      4:01 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

They would lose in the second round.

8. The Loco Pollo
    8:13 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

That would just be absurd. Homerism at its finest. If that happens, I’m sure there would be no media outrage. Ratface will be applauded for taking guys who “fit” & someone will make up some nonsense and claim Boogie is immature.

Go ahead & choose Irving over Wall too, Ratface. I’ll find another country to root for.

• ZombieLibrarian
      9:41 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I would not take Irving over Wall, but you could make a reasonable argument for doing so.

There is nothing close to a reasonable argument for taking Plumlee over Cousins. You could even have a hard time rationalizing Plumlee being on the squad that scrimmages against Team USA.

9. dakari stoops
    8:13 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

WHAT!!!!!!!

10. Rossalaska
    8:23 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

The reference indicated this is is a rumor. Lets base our opinions on facts, not rumors.

• chubb
      8:28 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Well that takes all the fun out of it

• Facts?
      11:56 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Facts are optional! Real fans know this!

11. CATandMONKEY
    8:24 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Plumlee career stats: 7.4 pts/ 4.4 rbds. Not even “solid”.

12. Luther
    8:28 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Cousins has way more talent, but let’s face it, he still has maturity issues and is a loose cannon…

• CATandMONKEY
      8:31 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

See post #8 above. At 46 I am likely considerably more mature than a preponderance of NBA players yet you wouldn’t even pick me for a game of HORSE.

13. Dukecheats
    8:29 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Do you really think coach K. Is a cheater?

• PukeHater
      10:12 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Doesn’t matter … no one has the guts to go against Rat Boy if he is a cheater! Blaah!!!!

• Pete Thamel
      5:51 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

………………….Yes. Coach K cheats. Therefore, he’s a cheater.

14. Jim
    8:37 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I have no interest in olympic basketball. It is a farce. I refuse to watch and can not remember the last time I watched it. I would rather watch a cow eat grass, than spend time watching olympic basketball. I care for soccer less than that. I will stick to college and nfl football and mens college and pro basketball.

Ps…I would watch the highlights of an olympic game, if it had a former Kentucky player in it. Other than that, I have no interest.

• RichieFarmer'sMustache
      9:19 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Attention everyone: this comment has been deemed irrelevant due to the simple fact that this is not the Olympics.

15. Casper
    8:37 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

drew, you will love Vancouver!!

• HillbillyInBC
      9:26 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Seconded. It’s pretty awesome here.

16. Costa Rica
    8:43 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

It’s a no-brainer. Every NBA exec would take Plumlee’s measly 7 points and 4 rebounds over Cousins’ 23 and 12 any day of the week. I hear Coach K is going to take Wojo or Wall as well.

17. UKSupporter76
    8:43 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

The guy with a questionable temper who lead the NBA in fouls and technical fouls last season might not be selected to represent his country in the FIBA World Cup Games? I’m *SHOCKED* Don’t get me wrong. I love Big Cuz, but this isn’t exactly a surprise. Yeah it sucks that an inferior Plumblee might get the nod over him, but what did you really expect?

• bbn#1
      8:47 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

We expect the best players in the land to play for the best country

• rainman
      8:50 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I would expect the coach representing this country to put the best team possible on the floor, in order to win every game possible!
      Does Plumlee fit that bill, NO!

• Bledsoe's Biceps
      9:16 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Weak argument and overplayed. Fouls and technical fouls have little or nothing to do with the players selected. Past participants included plenty of players with “issues”, on and off the court. If this happens it is simply Coach K being a homer.

• Not so fast, my friend.
      9:22 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Cousins had as many Ts as Blake Griffin and Kevin Durant.

• Tantrum
      8:54 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

And we all know what a terrible person Kevin Durant is, on and off the court.

18. michael Wright
    8:46 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

If I were Davis and Wall I would refuse to play for coach k

• Bonnie
      1:09 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

YES THEY SHOULD !!! GETTING THE THREE OF THOSE TALENTS TO PLAY TOGETHER AGAIN WILL BE THE STORY OF THE GAME !!! COACH K IS JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE HE HASN’T GOT ANYTHING IN HIS PUKIE DUKIE TEAMS TO EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE “WILDCAT BROTHERS” HE DAMN SURE BETTER NOT BREAK UP THE BROTHER’S OVER SOME NO-TALENT DUMBLEE PLUMLEE !! THAT IS AN INSULT TO AMERICA ! WE WANT OUR BEST AND THE BROTHER’S #3 ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD !!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT !!! KICK THAT COACH OFF THE TEAM AND GET SOMEBODY TO COACH THEM THAT IS BETTER! HE AIN’T THAT GREAT !!! GIVE SOMEONE ELSE A CHANCE TO COACH TEAM USA !!! BILLY D. FROM FLORIDA ! ANYBODY BUT THAT BONEHEAD FROM PUKE !!! GO BIG D. GO USA!! WE WAITING FOR OUR WILDCATS TO KICK SOME BUTT !!!! # BBN4EVER!!!!

19. Diehardcatfan
    8:46 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

I hope they don’t run into Mercer…!

• MBP14
      10:07 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Or Lehigh.

20. Chicken head cluck fest
    8:49 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

If Plumblee makes it over cousins.. That’s terrible.. But it’s going to be really terrible when Coach K says he did it because Plumblee is the better team player and person

• rainman
      8:52 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

And how will he explain it if we don’t win?

21. JLP
    8:49 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Actually, if I were Plumlee I would tell coach K to not put me in over Boogie. He must know he will be analyzed, scrutinized, criticized and snicker-ized. I wouldn’t want a spot given to me that I couldn’t earn on my own because the coach liked me.

22. obviously
    8:52 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

There is a logical explanation for all of this. With Love out off the team who will the token white guy be. This is where plumblebee comes in to play, well I doubt there will be any playing but you get the point.

• brink
      9:00 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

He will have to play. Team usa has no true big down low.

23. Brian
    8:56 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

We want the best players on the team. Period. We want pros who have been in the bigs and have come away as the best grabber of rebounds and technicals in the league! I vote Cousins! Duke sucks!

24. #alakazam
    8:58 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

This has got to be a bad practical joke. No way in hell that Plumlee>DMC

25. Dave
    9:01 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Real question: why is Plumlee even considered? He is a role player at best on the Nets.

• bbn#1
      9:12 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Best comment!!!
      Why is he considerd? What possible play/plays has he made in the league to even get such an accolade to be considered?

• O darn
      9:22 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

He did have a nasty block on LeBron. Not that it justifies this but just saying is all.

26. rich
    9:04 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

If this happens then parents take advantage of a teaching moment.

27. Bbn13
    9:33 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

This is team USA we want the best not plumlee

28. Michael Summerville
    9:50 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

That sucks if it is true. One thing is for sure Boogie will wear his sorry Duke butt on the court.

29. Rusty
    10:03 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

K is a 100% Skin Flute Player and need the ones he has already sampled their goods!

• Blake
      10:35 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

Best comment by far! I just laughed so hard I peed a little…

30. Nathan
    10:24 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

If recent history says anything, Coach K knows how to pick a losing team. Maybe Plumlee can help USA lose by the three like all of K’s teams. Maybe he is as crazy as Bobby Knight!

• Bonnie
      12:54 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

HE IS NATHAN, IF HE GO’S WITH DUMBLEE OVER BOOGIE THAT’S AN INSULT !!!

• TC
      12:10 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

I’m so confused?

Coach K’s record with USA Basketball as head coach 62-1!

How is that losing?

31. Bulldawg
    10:33 pm July 31, 2014 Permalink

O darn is a big nerd is what I got from this… First he is beyond help if he thought his “gotcha’s” were even close to creative or clever. Second because a player gets a block on someone doesn’t really mean shit unless its Anthony Davis swatting John Henson to win a game. Lastly O darn is about as “cool” as Coach K picking Plumdumb over Boogie. There’s my post for the month. Oh and if I made any grammatical errors its probably because your mom is smoking my pole. GO CATS!!!!!

32. Bonnie
    12:51 am August 1, 2014 Permalink

IF COACH K PICKS THAT NO TALENT PLUMLEE OVER BOOGIE ………DMC I WILL VOTE FOR EVERY TEAM EXCEPT THE USA !! WHY IS COACH K ALWAYS THE COACH FOR TEAM USA ?? WHAT HAS HE DONE SO GREAT LATELY ??? THIS IS AN INSULT TO AMERICA IF HE DOESN”T PICK DMC !! HE ISN’T THAT GREAT A COACH!!! KISSY ASS DUKE PUKE !! I’M PISSED !! I WANT TO SEE THE BEST ON OUR TEAM AND THAT IS BY A 100% MARGIN BOOGIE OVER PLUMLEE OR ANYBODY ELSE !!!! PLUMLEE IS EVEN LUCKY TO BE IN THE NBA !!! HE HAS LESS THEN AVERAGE TALENT PERIOD!!!! YOU BETTER PICK THE BEST MIKE K. OR YOU WILL BE VERY VERY SORRY !!!! GO BIG D !!!! GO TEAM USA WITH BOOGIE LEADING THE WAY !!! #BBN4EVER

33. TC
    12:03 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

DREW

I know you are a man of your word since you are from KENTUCKY! I will buy you a pack of Jim David’s Ham from down here in Morganfield, KY for your travels.. I doubt you would just put a headline on here to get people to read!!!

I hate to say it but Team USA doesn’t need Boogs! They will play these little tourney’s to get warmed up for the Olympics.. Then LOVE, LEBRON, and all the rest of the big boys will be on TEAM USA for the actual Olympic Games!!

I hate to say this as well but when you have those guys joining you in the future you don’t need COUSINS! He is one of the best centers in the league but he also plays with so so talent in SAC.. He would be playing with the best of the best and sometimes you already have Scoring.. JAMES, LOVE, DURANT… You need talent down low that won’t have a bad attitude or get mad when he doesn’t get the ball 20 times a game.. You need someone like Plumlee that is very very athletic and will sacrifice his stats for the greater good of the team.. You in a since need a rim protector..

Case in Point…. MIAMI HEAT VS SPURS 2014?!?!

34. DukeFan
    2:29 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

Coach K with Team USA:

2-0 GOLD in the Summer Olympics.

Until he brings home less…shut up.

• Lunchbox
      12:14 am August 3, 2014 Permalink

Mercer. ( if I had a mike at that point I would drop it and you would shut up). Lol

35. mike
    3:46 pm August 1, 2014 Permalink

The article I read said that he punched a padded wall in practice , and that they needed someone who they could trust and not foul out, it could be a cop out, the article said that there’s no question who is better Talent wise but didn’t know if Cuz could be trusted not to foul out!! Go Big Blue!!