Devin Booker, Gorgui Dieng rush to tunnel for more after ejections

The Kentucky-Louisville basketball rivalry boiled over into the NBA last night when Devin Booker and Gorgui Dieng were separated and then ejected from the Suns-Timberwolves game. It all began when the former Cardinal caught the former Wildcat with an elbow, then ended with both players rushing out separate tunnels to meet in a back hallway for more.

Obviously we side with Booker here, but I’ll admit that I love Dieng telling reporters he simply wanted to swap jerseys with his rival.

I wish we could see more UK-Louisville beef in the NBA but Louisville is incapable of getting its players to the NBA.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Devin Booker, Gorgui Dieng rush to tunnel for more after ejections

1. BBaxterUK
    10:03 am January 23, 2019 Permalink

Go Book! ??????

2. Smyrna_Cat
    10:05 am January 23, 2019 Permalink

Dieng still smarting from all those times the Cats whomped the Cards!!! That was kind of entertaining!

3. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    11:19 am January 23, 2019 Permalink

Swap Jerseys? You know he’s talking about college ones, it’s his way of saying I wish I would have been smart enough to be a Kentucky Wildcat and I despise you so bad the worse thing I can think of is to make you the U6 Cardinal.

4. trey
    11:26 am January 23, 2019 Permalink

I loved Booker nodding back to Dieng confirming the fight but it appeared to me he also told his security guard to hold him back as he ran into the tunnel.

• mashburnfan1
      2:58 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

probably said don’t hold me back, highly doubtful he asked to be held back. Real question is how long it takes to put on the hoodie and cover your face. Does he have those supplies in the locker room, does he have someone in the tunnel holding them for quick change possibilities? Guy 1-What do you do for a living? Guy 2-I stand within 150 feet of Devin Booker holding hoodies and handkerchiefs just in case the need arises.

5. UKPROF
    1:00 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

LOL…it clearly shows in the replay that Dieng barely grazed Booker’s shoulder and Booker to a dive. Hey, just a smart move on Booker’s part. We could also clearly see that Booker was totally un-hurt and un-phased from the contact.

6. mashburnfan1
    2:54 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Oh no. Look like it’s time for Booker and his posse to put on the hoodies and cover the face with handkerchiefs again. Why waste time on a U6 player.

7. mcp157
    7:06 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

KSR showed Booker starting something with another ex UK player earlier this year. Bottom line is he’s a punk, whether he’s an UK baller or not.

8. mcp157
    7:07 pm January 23, 2019 Permalink

Correction: whether he’s an ex UK baller or not.