DeMarcus Cousins suspended one game for hitting Al Horford

@HPBasketball

It look like Boogie’s temper got the best of him again. The NBA has suspended Demarcus Cousins one game for throwing an elbow at Atlanta’s Al Horford during last night’s game:

If you’re curious what a one-game suspension in the NBA “costs,” Cousins will not be paid for the game and will lose roughly $178,620 of his $14,728,844 salary this season. Ouch.

12 Comments for DeMarcus Cousins suspended one game for hitting Al Horford

1. somerset bill
    5:10 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

watch the video before you think too badly of boogie. the photo is 1000 times worse that the actual arm motion. he definitely didn’t get his $178K out of that.

2. TonyMontana
    5:13 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

Its Al Horford? Shouldnt he get a bonus? Well…thumbs up in my book.

3. jeffj
    5:24 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

never touched him. but no excuse. turn you energy into more points & make a point.

4. 25OR624
    5:29 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

The fine is rediculous.

5. Bluebloodtoo
    5:44 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

Let’s put this fine in perspective…

$178k is 1% of his annual salary. If you made $40,000 last year, that would be equivalent to a $400 fine for hitting that super annoying guy in the office. I dunno… sounds kinda worth it to me.

• Are You Floreal
      6:20 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know about you but I don’t have $400 to be throwing around for punching people at work

• Bluebloodtoo
      6:56 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

This is all theoretical, right?

• Bluebloodtoo
      6:57 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

Somehow I don’t think a $400 fine is all that would happen to you if you did that at work….

• CATandMONKEY
      7:03 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

If I could take a couple days off, and only lose 1% of my salary for throwing an elbow at work to the most deserving person, with no other repurcussions…Probably be worth it.

6. dayworks
    6:57 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

Watch the first frame and you’ll see where that elbow shot came from. Horford had his forearm on Boogie’s neck to push him away. The shot was just, “Get off!” Then of course, drama major Al performed a scene from one of the lesser known Greek tragedies.

7. eyebleedblue
    6:59 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

Bet Horford doesn’t lean on him with his elbow again. Horford is the punk here, not Cousins.

8. CATandMONKEY
    7:08 pm November 19, 2015 Permalink

Have rather wanted to do that to Horford myself,since the time he shimmied in front of an end-zone camera when Florida was up on us in the Swamp. I would have to jump about a foot to get him in the face, then hope he didn’t see who did it…but it has been a thought.