DeMarcus Cousins loses temper in blowout loss

The old DeMarcus Cousins reared its ugly head today in Sacramento’s blowout loss to the Boston Celtics. Cousins was ejected in the fourth quarter for throwing Marcus Smart to the ground, his second technical foul of the game. Boogie’s been struggling to come back after viral meningitis, and today, it looks like his temper got the best of him.

Cousins reportedly apologized to his teammates for his actions after the game and said he has to get himself together for the team to win. Here’s to getting back to more mature habits in 2015.

18 Comments for DeMarcus Cousins loses temper in blowout loss

1. Tomasito
    4:31 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

Stuff like this is way overblown in today’s NBA. Pompous media members (Jeff Goodman) never mention that HOF’s like Shaq and Charles Barkley did stuff like this all the time. He didn’t throw a punch. His team was getting dominated and he overreacted to a kid that is known to get under peoples skin. Nothing to see here, but I am sure this will be turned into a big deal because it is DeMarcus.

2. therealUKmoxie
    4:36 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

He boxed out low and it pissed the big guy off. They were BOTH T-‘d up on the play…but it was DMC’s 2nd T.

In the immortal words of Frank Drebin, “Nothing to see here…” “Keep moving please…”.

• inside info2
      4:48 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

I LOVE DMC, but how is this “nothing to see”? He threw the guy down to the floor. That was a stupid move and will add fuel to the “thug” fire. It IS something to see and should not have happened.

He was doing so good too…

• Leuther
      9:27 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

Have to agree with inside info2 on this one…

3. kuhlkat
    4:49 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

The only one of Cal’s players i won’t defend. He is a punk on the court and always will be. Not always a great rep of our university.

4. leedee
    5:01 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

The Boston player should be called Marcus Not-So-Smart for acting like be wanted a piece of Cousins after the throw down.

5. DavidP19
    5:16 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

Similar to Suh in the NFL. Once you have established your reputation, EVERYthing you do is (justifiably)open season on you.

6. winagain1
    5:20 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

Disappointing, not surprising. If this was U of L former player we would destroy him.. So I won’t condone or defend him for these type actions.. I do think he is a great player and I have seen sides of him that reflect a great person too.. But there’s odviously something wrong there somewhere.

7. dayworks
    5:26 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

It appears to me that what precipitated the take down was that Smart gave Cousins an elbow and back-smack to the mid-section. If that was the case, I’d say the response was fairly standard for the NBA.

8. Ken Grizzle
    6:02 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

I’m disappointed Big Cuz. To be the best you must have the best self control. Being sorry ain’t enough.

9. Stormchaser44
    6:29 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

People who are saying this is terrible, watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on the 80’s Pistons. League would be more popular if more players still had some fight in them

• catdaddyd
      6:49 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

The Pistons were dirty, and bad sports. Between them and the Pat Riley coached Knicks and Heat, the NBA became unwatchable for a few years.

• Stormchaser44
      7:28 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

Unwatchable because you didn’t like the Pistons or was the whole Magic/Bird rivalry over hyped?

10. msnthrop
    6:33 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

Interesting what is going on in SacTown with the firing of a coach that Boogie apparently liked and listened too by an owner who has no idea what he is doing. I wouldn’t be surprised if DMC wasn’t on the trading block later this year and the Celtics will have by far the most to offer for him…I’d love to see him in green!

11. msnthrop
    7:37 pm December 31, 2014 Permalink

Boogie also punished Tyler Zeller in this game…

12. Rixter
    10:09 am January 1, 2015 Permalink

I’m amazed at how some in BBN will defend Cousins regardless what he does. “He shot a man? Yeah, well, that guy had it coming”
    The truth is Demarcus Cousins in for the most part a likable guy who has a HUGE attitude /anger management issue. All you who say this incident is no big deal would be right if this was an isolated incident and not part of an ongoing pattern in Cousins behavior.

• CopenhagenCat
      11:28 am January 1, 2015 Permalink

I agree. I love Cousins and I know he is really a good guy. But keeps doing stupid crap to make himself look like a thug. If this was a Louisville players everyone would be saying he is a thug.

13. dukes_of_maggard