DeAndre Liggins Pleads Not Guilty

liggins mugshot

This morning the former lock-down Wildcat defender DeAndreLiggins was arraigned in Oklahoma County District Court. Liggins pleaded not guilty to numerous felony domestic assault charges; two counts of kidnapping, two counts of domestic assault and battery, three counts of domestic abuse in the presence of a minor and one count of violating a protective order. #BBN was disappointed to hear the ugly news from the violent altercation that occurred the night of the WKU football game at his girlfriend’s house in Oklahoma City. Liggins was released by the OKC Thunder not long after the altercation as well.

While Liggins walks free on bond, I’m sure a few prayers could do nothing but help during a difficult time.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

23 Comments for DeAndre Liggins Pleads Not Guilty

1. Mrs. Garrett
    7:07 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

If it turns out he gets off w/ a not-guilty verdict, is he still without work?

2. Jdn1016
    7:22 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Very disappointing and disgusting story. For those who are uninformed DeAndre Liggins grew up in one of the most violent public housing developments in the country. His older brother was killed in a tit-for-tat revenge killing for defending their sister when DeAndre was 14. That is absolutely no excuse for his behavior and if true he should serve real time for this assault. I feel for DeAndre, it seemed he had embraced his opportunity to break the cycle of violence and poverty which he was raised in as a child. DeAndre was considered a marginal NBA talent but found a role as an energy/glue guy and defensive stopper. This probably ends any chance of him ever making another NBA roster, maybe Europe or Asia are options after he pays his debt for this heinous cowardly act. I hope he is able to get past this someday and become a person all of BBN can be proud of again. Whatever demons still haunt DeAndre from his childhood I hope he can learn from this experience.

3. SeaCat
    7:29 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

if he violated a protective order,
    i think he is in real trouble.
    that makes the other charges look more credible.

4. PR
    7:29 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Well said jdn. I feel for liggins. Its sad but very true.

5. Steve Fitts
    7:44 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Praying for DeAndre, girlfriend, and child.

6. jeff
    8:02 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

I have no patience for anyone who hits a woman. Period.

7. BIG BLUE LOU
    8:07 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

I just don,t understand these kids they have the greatest job in the world in playing a game and get paid well and some one like me that would do anything in this world to do and they just throw it away like it,s nothing!! I just hope that his girlfriend and child are doing well I hope that he knows that he played for the best collage program in the country and played in the nba and just throw it all away!!!! in one moment of stupidity I was a big fan of his but not anymore I can not forgive him for this you never put your hands on a women for any reason period!!!

8. UKBLUE
    8:14 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

I hope to God it was worth it. Lets be honest; he was lucky to even be in the NBA which he has now totally screwed up. You never hit a woman! He better get his passport ready because no Nba team is going to touch him now.

9. only cowards beat on women
    8:16 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

And in front of his kid. Wow. Way to be a good father. I hope he never gets time alone with his kid again.

10. Anderson
    8:26 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

And just think we were disappointed in Richie Farmer? This trumps that.

11. cheat to win
    8:47 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Typical, cal prison thug.

12. Kentucky_lady
    9:18 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

11. He was a Gillespie recruit.

Unless you’re joking, in which case I apologize.

13. RexRox
    9:29 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Take a breath, folks. This is still America. Innocent until proven guilty. I loved seeing DeAndre pull himself up from the ashes of Billy G’s program to being one of the best lock-down defenders UK has ever seen. His infant child was one of the main reasons cited for him turning pro when he did. BBN, let’s not give up on one of our own yet. He’s only 25; still has plenty of time to turn things around. We need to support him. Many of us need to think about what would have happened to us if we were judged on what we had accomplished (or failed to accomplish) at age 25.

14. L1C4 is lame
    9:40 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

#11- A typical dumbass uvel fan. Talkin shit and dont know what hes talkin bout.

15. O T I S
    9:49 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

He was given a standing O by the toothless inbred trailer trash at the so called alumni game
    One of the rednecks said that those who never slapped there girlfriend should throw the first Xbox

16. Dick Johnson
    9:55 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Cal welcomed him with opened arms and send out a picture of him and his “son” reunited

17. Wildcatsteeler
    10:12 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

After watching that WKU game I was ready to hit somebody in the head with an Xbox also.

18. OK
    1:44 am September 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m praying… I’m praying for the girl and the child.

19. oldkentucky
    1:50 am September 21, 2013 Permalink

In the United States you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. I suggest we give him a chance to defend himself in court before we trash him. None of us know the circumstances that caused his arrest.

20. Reddick U. Lissness
    6:14 am September 21, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like DeAndre Liggins was Oklahoma’s latest F9 tornado.

21. BravoBigBlue
    9:36 am September 21, 2013 Permalink

No jokes here. It’s a very sad situation. Not our place to judge. A lot of people carry demons with them. Probably some or many of the KSR readers. There is only way to overcome something like this. And that is through a personal relationship with God. No joke.

22. UKMathCat
    11:36 am September 21, 2013 Permalink

Prayers for his girlfriend and child.

23. UKMathCat
    11:39 am September 21, 2013 Permalink

Also, for those of you harping on “innocent until proven guilty”… there seems to be an overwhelming amount of evidence against him here. Are any of you saying that about Aaron Hernandez?

I can’t imagine the demons that Liggins must deal with every day to have done something like this. I hope that he gets help so that he can never harm a woman or child in this way again, but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t do some serious time for this; violence against women and children is NEVER acceptable.