Cousins, Wall and Towns in 11-25 of SI.com’s Top 100 NBA Players

The good people over at Sports Illustrated are counting down the top 100 players in the NBA and, assuming Anthony Davis is inside the top 10, which has yet to be announced, there are nine Wildcats on the list. That’s almost 10 percent of the league for those of you keeping score at home.

DeMarcus Cousins is the highest ranked so far, coming in at No. 12 in the rankings. John Wall and Karl-Anthony Towns are also top 25 players, ranked No. 17 and 23 respectively.

Here’s the Cats’ rankings:

100. Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
98. Brandon Knight, Pheonix Suns
88. Enes Kanter, Oklahoma City Thunder
84. Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia 76ers
49. Eric Bledsoe, Phoenix Suns
23. Karl-Anthony Towns
17. John Wall, Washington Wizards
12. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings

We’ll learn Anthony Davis’ ranking when the top 10 players are announced later today or tomorrow, whenever SI.com decides to do so.

Go Cats.

2. Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
1. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Cousins, Wall and Towns in 11-25 of SI.com’s Top 100 NBA Players

1. KevinM
    11:07 am September 15, 2016 Permalink

Davis, Boogie, KAT & Wall s/b in Top 20. Throw in Booker, who should be in Top 50 and I don’t think there’s another alumni team that could beat them.

It would have been nice to see Davis play with Nerlens, but GM Demp screwed that up.

Great representation for BBN.

Can Bledsoe, BK & Booker all co-exist for a full NBA season and be a playoff team?

2. J-Dub421
    12:18 pm September 15, 2016 Permalink

No Randle? (I’d throw MKG in too if he hadn’t been injured so much.)

3. Colleen Wagoner
    1:49 pm September 15, 2016 Permalink

Nerlens and Enes better than Booker? I beg to differ. While, I know the kid has only played a year, give me Booker over those two guys any day.

Really though. Exciting to see so many UK guys on here. Much deserved.

4. BobTheBuilder
    2:34 pm September 15, 2016 Permalink

Can we get a count of how many players were from schools like Duke, UNC, MSU, etc.?

5. syrin23
    3:07 pm September 15, 2016 Permalink

Wow, look at all that talent, and we have one title to show for it. How many players did Wisconsin or Indiana put into the league? Oh yeah, a fraction of the talent with 100% more coaching beats talented teams two years in a row.

• Seven Ate Nine
      7:15 pm September 15, 2016 Permalink

You pull the rug out from your argument immediatelt by first making your standard winning titles, and then citing two teams as proofs that have not won titles. So is the standard winning titles (which Kentucky has done) or just beating Kentucky?

You’re really reaaallly reaching here to try to make your case for coaching over talent with Jay Wright, a perpetual underachiever. So basically any team that wins ever that’s not Kentucky, that means talent never wins and Cal can’t coach? Maybe it’s just my pea-brain shrinking in the shadow of your superior intellect, but I’m gonna need you to put that one by me again.

Then you say it’s been two years in a row. If I’m not mistaken (I’m not), Duke won the title two years ago with probably the second most talented team behind us. So does that whole talent never wins thing only applies to the team with the MOST talent? If so, how can you objectively measure that? Oh, or does that foolish logic only apply to Kentucky, in accordance with your baises. Your arguments are all over the place dude.

I realize that there’s no way you put this much thought into this, or likely anything, but listen, if you’re gonna troll, do it right. I expect better next time.