Bomani Jones calls out Colin Cowherd for irrational John Wall hate

Colin Cowherd is a notorious John Wall hater. Cowherd has disliked Wall for years, going back to his first game as a professional, when he came out and did the Dougie, which Cowherd called “arrogant.” Cowherd has always said that Wall’s “problems” are due to not having a strong father figure in his life, which is particularly cruel because Wall’s dad died when he was 8.

Fast forward to Monday night, when Wall gave an emotional postgame interview about his 6-year-old friend Miyah, who lost her battle with cancer. After watching Wall break down in tears over Miyah, it’s pretty freaking hard to question his character. In fact, on “Highly Questionable,” Bomani Jones called out his ESPN colleague over his remarks about Wall:

Bomani was right. Cowherd backtracked on some of his criticism of Wall on his show yesterday, but still refused to apologize:

“Was I too harsh on him? Eh, I host a radio show, I do basically 30 columns a day. But if you’re looking for apologies, you’re fishing off the wrong pier. I say what I mean, I mean what I say, and you begging to try to get attention’s never going to happen. Ever. John Wall has grown. Hopefully, over five, six years, so have I.”

Keep fighting the good fight, Bomani.

[FTW]

6 Comments for Bomani Jones calls out Colin Cowherd for irrational John Wall hate

1. Blue_Cat75
    1:10 pm December 10, 2014 Permalink

Cowherd is an idiot and you can’t fix that.

2. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:42 pm December 10, 2014 Permalink

Was Cowherd saying Bomani was “begging for attention” or Wall?

3. I Love It
    1:47 pm December 10, 2014 Permalink

Bar none, Cowherd is the worst of the ESPN windbags, and that says a lot. It has been pointed out several times that at least the other cartoon characters (e.g. Bayless) make ridiculous remarks regarding heavy crowd favorites, which generates traffic and discussion – for bad, or worse.

Colin, on the other hand, boldly punches down. Instead of going after someone like LeBron James – who he loves, btw-, he instead goes after an untested rookie PG, who did a dance after being egged on by his own bench to do said dance. And while I detest the political correctness police of late, he has made multiple, public comments that are blatantly racist and wildly idiotic – a great example being that Pacer’s fans don’t sell out games because “they don’t like black people there”, Cleveland is poor because its people don’t want to work, or that Tony Stewart running over that kid was due to “southern, NASCAR culture”, even though the race was in NY, the altercation was between 2 people with zero connections to the south, and SPRINT CAR RACING HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH NASCAR.

Bottom line, the sad fact that half the blog responses about the John Wall sobbing in a post game interview were some variation of “**** Colin Cowherd” should tell anyone all they need to know about the kind of person he is.

4. ChanceyPantz
    5:40 pm December 10, 2014 Permalink

You know I used to like Colin Cowherd… now I don’t.

5. RandyB
    6:19 pm December 10, 2014 Permalink

That pic of Colin Cowpile makes him look like the arrogant, obnoxioux Yankee rodent he is.

6. Ken Grizzle
    6:29 pm December 10, 2014 Permalink

If I had a name like Colon Cowturd and looked as stupid as that joker does I’d think twice about criticizing another person.