On Wednesday night, there were 16 former Kentucky Wildcats suiting up for NBA teams on an extremely busy night of basketball action. Last night, not so much. Only four games were scheduled in the NBA last night, with only 3 former Cats taking the court. John Wall, Julius Randle, and Nerlens Noel all had games last night, but unfortunately, only Wall was able to have a real impact on a game. Randle only played 6 minutes in his first game back from pneumonia, and Noel sat out the entire game with an upper respiratory infection. Luckily for UK fans, Wall dominated his game and gave us something to be happy with.
John Wall, Washington Wizards (116-108 win over Lakers)
One highlight wasn’t enough for John Wall last night, so the Wizards just put together his whole game for us.
— Washington Wizards (@WashWizards) February 3, 2017
Julius Randle, Los Angeles Lakers (116-108 loss to Wizards)
Only playing 6 minutes in his first action back after missing two games with pneumonia, Randle didn’t have anything highlight worthy. However, Magic Johnson, who is now back with the Lakers and is involved “in all areas of basketball and business as an advisor”, had this to say about Randle last night.
Magic swooning over Julius Randle. Funny stuff. pic.twitter.com/zc9xcSPp40
— Grant Goldberg (@GrantGoldberg) February 3, 2017
Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia 76ers (102-86 loss to Spurs)
DNP – Upper Respiratory Infection
Here’s a sneak peak at tonight’s NBA lineup:
- Toronto Raptors at Orlando Magic, 7pm ET
- Indiana Pacers at Brooklyn Nets, 7:30pm ET
- Minnesota Timberwolves at Detroit Pistons, 7:30pm ET
- Los Angeles Lakers at Boston Celtics, 8pm ET on ESPN
- Chicago Bulls at Houston Rockets, 8pm ET
- Memphis Grizzlies at Oklahoma City Thunder, 8pm ET
- Milwaukee Bucks at Denver Nuggets, 9pm ET
- Phoenix Suns at Sacramento Kings, 10:30pm ET
- Dallas Mavericks at Portland Trail Blazers, 10:30pm ET on ESPN