Good morning, folks. Anthony Davis has zero interest in playing professional-level basketball with the New Orleans Pelicans. Let’s talk NBA.
[26-32] Magic – 118 @ [25-33] Pelicans – 88
- It was a slow night in the BBNBA, but it seems the New Orleans Pelicans always find a way to titillate us no matter what’s going on. Tuesday night was no exception. Anthony Davis shot a disgusting 1-9 from the field for only three points, his lowest point total of the season and the lowest he’s ever recorded when playing over 21 minutes. He tacked on six rebounds and three blocks, but the Pellies were decimated from the opening tip, playing uninspired and uninterested basketball throughout. Four different Orlando Magic players topped at least 20 points.
- ‘We sucked,” Davis said. ”Nobody was interested in playing, is what it looked like.”
- That quote comes off a little tone deaf, to me, Mr. Davis.
- Davis hasn’t been interested in playing at all since his agent Rich Paul tried to force his client’s way out of NOLA and into Los Angeles. How much influence Davis had over the matter is unknown, but this is the situation he’s in now. And it’s only going to get more and more awkward as the season continues.
- Julius Randle led the BBNBA in scoring with 15 points on 6-11 shooting (3-5 from three) to go along with four rebounds, four assists, and two blocks while Darius Miller was 3-9 from three for nine points, two rebounds, and two assists in 21 minutes.
- Lost in the drama of the Pelicans dysfunction and a 30-point loss is the impressive outing from Isaiah Briscoe. The Magic guard posted an impressive stat line of three points, six rebounds, eight assists, two steals, and a block in 28 minutes.
- LAKERS TALK!!!
- The Los Angeles Lakers lost a confusing game to the Atlanta Hawks on the road, as LeBron James looked completely checked out. As someone who has personally witnessed and been “forced” to deal with the sideshow that comes with having LeBron James on your team, all I have to say is “welcome to the main event, Lakers fans”. This is your life now. LeBron practically alienated his entire team while the game was still going on as they got overwhelmingly outplayed by one of the worst teams in the league. That being said, if you don’t think the Lakers will be fine in the end, then that’s on you, because I’ve seen this happen literally four years in a row now. The Lakers are going to make the playoffs. They’ll rattle off some stupid eight-game winning streak after a locker room blowout. Hell, who even knows what happened in the locker room after Tuesday night’s embarrassing failure of a game. But that’s my brief Lakers talk for the day. Rajon Rondo registered 13 points, seven rebounds, and four assists, but looked just as terrible as every other Laker on the court, and that includes LeBron. But just to harp on LeBron’s greatness again real quick, he posted a 28-point triple-double and you would have thought he was hardly trying – and he truly wasn’t.
- Finally, in Oakland, the Golden State Warriors rallied behind a 21-4 run in the fourth quarter to take down the Utah Jazz by a score of 115-108. DeMarcus Cousins had a poor shooting night, missing 13 of his 17 shots for only 12 points, but he recorded 10 rebounds, five assists, and two steals in the process.
- Check out the full stat sheet below.
|Julius Randle (NOP)||88-118 L vs. ORL||15||6-11 (3-5)||4||4||0||2||3||-21||21|
|Rajon Rondo (LAL)||113-117 L @ ATL||13||5-10 (2-4)||7||4||1||1||6||-2||33|
|DeMarcus Cousins (GSW)||115-108 W vs. UTA||12||4-17 (1-6)||10||5||2||0||2||+8||28|
|Darius Miller (NOP)||88-118 L vs. ORL||9||3-11 (3-9)||2||2||0||1||0||-7||21|
|Isaiah Briscoe (ORL)||118-88 W @ NOP||3||1-4 (1-3)||6||8||2||1||0||+8||28|
|Anthony Davis (NOP)||88-118 L vs. ORL||3||1-9 (0-0)||6||0||0||3||0||-16||24|
|Alex Poythress (ATL)||117-113 W vs. LAL||DNP-G League||--||--||--||--||--||--||--||--|
TONIGHT IN THE NBA
7:00: Nets @ Cavaliers (Knight)
7:00: Bucks (Bledsoe) @ Pacers
7:30: Pistons @ Celtics
7:30: 76ers @ Knicks (Knox)
7:30: Wizards (Wall-out) @ Raptors
8:00: Grizzlies @ Bulls
8:00 (ESPN): Rockets @ Timberwolves (Towns)
8:30: Heat (Adebayo) @ Mavericks
9:00: Kings (Cauley-Stein, Fox) @ Nuggets (Lyles, Murray, Vanderbilt)
10:30 (ESPN): Warriors (Cousins) @ Trail Blazers (Labissiere)
10:30: Suns (Booker) @ Clippers (Gilgeous-Alexander)
Follow me on Twitter: @ZackGeoghegan