Anthony Davis, John Wall, and Demarcus Cousins named Team USA Finalists

@UKCoachCalipari

Congratulations to Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, and John Wall, who were all named finalists for the 2016 Olympic team. Thirty NBA players were selected, and the final 12-man roster for the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro will be announced later this year.

Here’s who also made the cut:

3/30 ain’t bad.

13 Comments for Anthony Davis, John Wall, and Demarcus Cousins named Team USA Finalists

1. Shawn Kemp
    11:51 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

NIce.

If you’re looking to add writers, let me know. I am a daily freelance contributor based out of Louisville.

@dallonadams
    [email protected]

2. Go Deep
    11:54 am January 18, 2016 Permalink

^^^^ get in line…. Can you imagine trying to figure out who to cut from the team with that collection of talent?

3. Catsby80
    12:08 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

I’d say LeBron, Chef Curry, Westrbook, Durant, and probably Harden are all locks. So you’re trying to pick 7 guys out of the remaining 25… I wouldn’t want that responsibility. On a serious note, You could probably take the second 12 guys and still win the gold medal though. That talent is absurd.

• Catsby80
      12:12 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

Oh and I would consider Davis to be a lock, as well. So you’ve gotta pick 6 out of the remaining 24. Again, good luck.

• ClutchCargo
      12:27 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

I think you could take the names of each player, segregate by position, and just pull them out of a hat and be fine. Really can’t go wrong with any of them. The only decision I see is which combination plays together better than the others. Then the only difference you have made is how badly your team beats the competition.

4. FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
    12:23 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

Is Duke coach still coaching in this one? If so then John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins won’t be on the roster in favor of Kyrie Irving and whatever Plumlee they inevitably add once a player gets a minor injury.
    Duke coach will pick- Irving, George, Leonard, James, Green, Thompson, Curry, Love, Anthony, Davis, Paul, and Durant.

5. a21CATSfan
    12:23 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

3/12 will be even better. Wall has the worst chances I believe, considering 5 of the best point guards in the league are all on this 30-man roster.

6. @BallBlog_Chad
    12:36 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

My locks would by Curry, Davis, Durant, Harden, Irving, James & Leonard … my next 5 to finish would probably be Aldridge, Butler, Faried, Green & Thompson. Dang, can’t believe some of the guys I cut … I don’t want this job.

7. thedude27
    1:03 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

What’s Rev. Sharpton think about the under representation of white players on this list? Just sayin.

• @BallBlog_Chad
      4:40 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

there’s a tough question, who would be your 12 all white boy team to try to win the gold?

• @BallBlog_Chad
      4:51 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

Gordon Hayward, Ryan Anderson, JJ Redick, Kevin Love, Kelly Olynyk, Kyle Korver, Mason Plumlee, Cody Zeller … no idea where everybody is from, hard to put a team together, though

8. bhamilton
    3:42 pm January 18, 2016 Permalink

1-James Forward
    2-Durant Forward
    3-Curry Guard
    4-Paul Guard
    5-Davis Center
    6-Harden Guard
    7-Anthony Forward
    8-Westbrook Guard
    9-Cousins Center
    10-Faried Forward
    11-Leonard Forward
    12-Howard Center

I’d say the top seven there are locks. I only put Howard in as backup center pending an injury to Davis or Cousins. Next in line for me would be: Wall, Love, George, Irving in no particular order

9. Codayo