The FIBA World Cup is later this summer, and there’s a very good chance Anthony Davis will once again represent the United States. The former Cat is one of 20 players invited to USA Basketball Training Camp, which will determine the final 12-man roster for the FIBA World Cup, which takes place August 31-September 15 in China.
Davis won a gold medal with Team USA in the 2012 Olympics and the 2014 FIBA World Cup, and is the only former Cat invited to training camp, which starts August 5 in Las Vegas. Here’s the complete list:
- Harrison Barnes (Sacramento Kings)
- Bradley Beal (Washington Wizards)
- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans)
- Andre Drummond (Detroit Pistons)
- Eric Gordon (Houston Rockets)
- James Harden (Houston Rockets)
- Tobias Harris (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Kevin Love (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Kyle Lowry (Toronto Raptors)
- CJ McCollum (Portland Trail Blazers)
- Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Myles Turner (Indiana Pacers)
- Kemba Walker (Charlotte Hornets)
- Kyle Kuzma (Los Angeles Lakers)
- Brook Lopez (Milwaukee Bucks)
- Paul Millsap (Denver Nuggets)
- Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
- Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
- P.J. Tucker (Houston Rockets)
Training camp will conclude with a USA Blue vs. USA White exhibition on August 9 at T-Mobile Arena, after which the selected team finalists will take a short break, train in Los Angeles August 13-15, and play Spain in an exhibition at the Honda Center in Anaheim on August 16. The official 12-man roster will be announced on August 17. From there, the team will continue its World Cup preparations in Melbourne, Australia before traveling to China for the main event.
In other Anthony Davis news, Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that David Griffin, New Orleans’ executive vice president of basketball operations, has started providing the framework for a trade to teams interested in Davis, including multi-team scenarios. According to Woj, the Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks are among the teams inquiring about a potential deal, while the Boston Celtics are still weighing the future of free agent Kyrie Irving.
After helping Team USA win another gold, which team will Davis come home to?