Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins make Team USA roster

cousins-davis

It looks like the rumors are true: Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins have been named to the initial Team USA roster for the 2014-2016 competitions.  Here’s the entire roster, via USABasketball.com:

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 9.17.27 AM

The next big event for Team USA is the World Cup of Basketball in Spain at the end of August.  The staff will select the final roster for that event from this 28-player pool.  Both Davis and Cousins participated in the in the Team USA mini-camp this summer, and Davis was part of the 2012 Olympic team that won gold in London.

Keep making us proud, boys.

22 Comments for Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins make Team USA roster

1. Rockfield, KY
    10:32 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Honest question: Is Gordon Hayward doing that well in the NBA?

Really glad to see Kenneth Faried on the team too.

• DH
      11:02 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

He’s having a pretty good year for the Jazz. He’s averaging 17 ppg and 5 apg this season and 12 ppg for his career.

2. Jim
    10:32 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

3. bluegrass79
    10:33 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

no John Wall? shit he is better than most on that list

4. Brian
    10:35 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

How is it even possible that John Wall is not on this? Guards listed above he’s having a better season than/surpassed: Beal, Andre I, Leonard, D-Will. Horrible omission.

5. AaronJ
    10:36 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Congrats Boogie and Anthony! Wall should have been on that list.

6. MSU Alum
    10:37 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Why not give props to Kenneth Faried for also making the cut?

7. Catfan14
    10:38 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Are u kidding me with this roster? John Wall definitely deserves a spot! Beal is a baller but he ain’t no Wall. I don’t understand why our boy Wall doesn’t get the recognition he deserves. I know he’s on the Wizards but quick ain’t fair.

8. Beau
    10:47 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Wait. kyrie over John Wall???? Of course, Screwchefski is coaching…

• C'mon
      11:06 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Kyrie is good and deserves to be there. Wall can replace beal or korver or leonard, but Kylie deserves to be there, coach k or not.

9. trey
    10:50 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

No to Kyle Korver and Gordon Hayward

10. ThisGuy
    10:54 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

I didn’t know Kyle Kover was born in the 93rd month of the year! Interesting!

• DH
      11:05 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

I hadn’t even looked at the DOB until you said that. Steph Curry was born in the year 8, so he’s either 5 years old or 105…

11. DTuck
    11:30 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Remember it’s international basketball, so Korver, Leonard, and Hayward are there as 3’s that can hit the 3 or stretch 4’s if they go small. Wall over several of the point guards though.

12. bluegrass79
    11:33 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

quiet quiet you hear that? Its the sound of the clock ticking down on COACK K’S career. Praise the Lord !

• Hi
      12:23 pm January 23, 2014 Permalink

Hi Hater!

13. M
    11:35 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

I think Wall should be there, but again, it’s international ball and shooters are preferred. I don’t understand Faried honestly. He is an energy guy, but he’s been mediocre at best. I would take Paul Millsap or David West over him.

14. not quite there yet...
    12:16 pm January 23, 2014 Permalink

Isn’t this just the pool of players from which they will choose the final Olympic team roster, I don’t think they have actually made the team yet. But none the less awesome! …and yeah, where’s John Wall??

15. bmt22033
    12:29 pm January 23, 2014 Permalink

So why was Wall snubbed? Even if I take off my blue-tinted glasses, it’s obvious…

16. wildcats4me2
    12:35 pm January 23, 2014 Permalink

Why no John Wall? Easy—Coach K, also look for Boogie not to make the final cut, even if he is far better than the other options. Hell, Coach K only took Davis for the Olympics as a default and then hardly played him. He will keep Davis for another round but don’t look for any other Kentucky players in Russia. Hope I’m wrong.

17. b
    12:45 pm January 23, 2014 Permalink

I dont see any way Cousins and Davis do not both make the team. Got to go with at leat four bigs and for the international game Davis, Cousins, and Love seem perfect. Knowing the way this works though, Howard and Griffin are probably locks and I would have Aldridge over both along with the other three. Throw in Durant, Lebron, George, Paul Curry, and Hardin, and someone who is just a shooter and it seems no one should get within 25.

18. UK and MSU Fan
    7:16 pm January 23, 2014 Permalink

Props to Morehead State’s Kenneth Faried!