Andrew Harrison looks like Steph Curry in his D-League highlights

Andrew Harrison scored 18 points in his Iowa Energy’s win over the Canton Charge last night. Reading that during my bedtime Twitter browse led me to Harrison’s early season highlight reel from the NBA D-League, and if we’re to believe he plays like this all the time, he is Steph Curry with the shot.

But a quick look at Harrison’s stats tells me he is shooting 35.5% from outside through his first eight games, with only 11 three-pointers made. He is averaging 14.8 points per game.

If we’re being honest with each other, seeing Andrew in the D-League breaks my heart a little bit.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Andrew Harrison looks like Steph Curry in his D-League highlights

1. drewfranklinsbeer
    11:45 am December 10, 2015 Permalink

I hate seeing it too. I was probably one of Andrews biggest critics while he wore the Kentucky jersey but I believe he can be playing in the league right now. His game fits the NBA style IMO. The key to Andrews success will unfortunately end up being about placement. I think he could be getting some run right now if he was with a different organization.

2. Smyrna_Cat
    11:54 am December 10, 2015 Permalink

I am a big fan of Andrew, and appreciate all he did at UK. I think a year or two of playing in the D league will help him tweak his game. He will be in the NBA soon.

3. KevinM
    12:02 pm December 10, 2015 Permalink

Nice update and Andrew will get his shot. It may be in Philly, which is suffering from talent, but you go where a slot develops.

4. JLA
    12:27 pm December 10, 2015 Permalink

I live in Des Moines, home of Andrew’s D-League team, and had the chance to watch him play a couple of weekends ago. He started off cold (0-4, I think) before he started connecting with some shots. To me, the biggest difference was attitude. I know the twins got a lot of criticism for being both emotionless and despondent when things didn’t go their way at UK. However, when he was on the bench for Iowa, he stood almost the whole time to watch the game and was the first to run on the court during breaks to congratulate his teammates. It looked like he was having fun and it seemed to have a positive impact on his game. I hope an NBA team finds a spot for him.

5. @BallBlog_Chad
    1:09 pm December 10, 2015 Permalink

in the second half of the year when teams are out of the playoff race, they’ll get their rookies in there to play some

6. Rixter
    2:46 pm December 10, 2015 Permalink

Even more impressive, a couple of those shots in ‘The Pentagon’ were in the dark.

“the Pentagon” could use a lighting upgrade,

7. SanDiegoCats
    5:46 pm December 10, 2015 Permalink

Would be cool if these guys can play a season in the D league and then come back to college. It’s crazy how much these guys improve so quickly at the next level.