Aaron Harrison “sure looks like a keeper” after impressive weekend

andrew-harrison-aaron-harrison_atfqany8s2en1fdnwelpvhgs5

If we learned anything about Aaron Harrison during his career at Kentucky, it was not to count him out. Aaron was the only Kentucky player who declared for the draft to not hear his name called a few weeks back, but he’s already making teams regret passing on him, turning in a pair of impressive performances for the Charlotte Hornets this weekend. Aaron scored 10 and 16 points on Saturday and Sunday respectively and nearly brought the Hornets back from a 19-point deficit against his brother Andrew and the Memphis Grizzlies. It was enough to make Hornets beat writer Rick Bonnell call Aaron a keeper:

Aaron Harrison sure looks like a keeper based on what he has done so far at the Orlando summer league.

Harrison, a 6-6 guard out of Kentucky, went undrafted last month. The Charlotte Hornets added him to their summer-league roster and based on his performance in the first two games, plenty of teams missed by not selecting Harrison among the draft’s 60 picks.

Teammate Frank Kaminsky told Bonnell he’s already a fan.

“He’s been able to get to the rim, get some shots off ball screens or kick it back to me,” Kaminsky said. “I like playing with people who like playing off screens. He’s definitely one of them.”

Aaron and the Hornets will be back in action Tuesday and Wednesday in the Summer League. Hopefully he’ll give us more reasons to post articles like this one.

[Undrafted Aaron Harrison making an impression with Charlotte Hornets]

10 Comments for Aaron Harrison “sure looks like a keeper” after impressive weekend

1. James in SC
    10:51 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

Great to hear about Aaron!

Let’s give Kaminsky a little credit too for not holding a grudge after the post-loss comments from the Harrisons (I think it was Andrew, but still…).

• Nah
      11:58 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

I’m good with not giving Kaminksy credit for anything. The comments really weren’t that bad anyway, if he were to get hurt over that then he’s a big puss.

• Eroy
      2:43 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

LOL @ nah

“F*** that N*****” is not that bad of a comment?

Is that because Frank is white?

What if Frank had said that about Aaron the year before?? Would have started riots.

• James in SC
      5:24 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think the comment was that bad, but a lot of people in Kaminsky’s shoes sure wouldn’t say anything to help a guy out who said something like that. Not sure I would at that age.

2. David8577
    10:57 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

“What do you mean when you say ‘man-to-man defense’?”, asked Russ with a bewildered look on his face, “I can’t possibly guard this guy all over the court.”

3. Southbeachwildcat
    11:15 am July 6, 2015 Permalink

I wonder if playing together their entire lives has hindered their development since Andrew was always labeled a “point guard” and Aaron a “shooting guard”. It seems like both players are able to display more diverse skill sets than their “labeled” positions since being on separate teams.

4. DelrayBeachCAT
    12:36 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

This makes me smile 🙂

5. UKALLDAY
    12:43 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Aaron was always the better twin to me. He did not always make shots, but we know he can shoot it. He just made plays, big shots and had good pace to his game. Everyone just assumes Andrew was better because he was a 6’6” point guard, well by the looks of things Aaron can play a little point too. He will have a long NBA career.

6. Ken Grizzle
    1:34 pm July 6, 2015 Permalink

Keep it going Aaron and Andrew. Make our Big Blue Nation proud.

7. Windycitysteam
    11:44 pm July 8, 2015 Permalink

Both kids are great, & have great futures!