A Crazy Stat About Karl Towns in Today’s New BBNBA Recap

Getty Image

Getty Image

Getty Image

Karl-Anthony Towns is in good company.

In last night’s ten-point win over the Thunder, Towns had 29 points and 17 rebounds, his tenth consecutive double-double.  It’s the eleventh time in his career he’s gone for 25 and 15.  The only other players under 22 with more 25/15 games are Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard and Shaq.  Not too shabby.

Towns’ best highlights of the night:

Today I’m going to change things up.  Let me know in the comments section if you prefer this format or the one we’ve been using this season.  We’ll gladly accommodate.

Numbers

PLAYERRESULTPTSFG (3FG)REBASTSTLBLKTOs+/-
Julius Randle107-101 W/OT vs. DAL239-15 (0-0)152007+12
Skal Labissiere126-105 L vs. LAC145-8 (2-2)71110-3
Willie Cauley-Stein126-105 L vs. LAC2310-16 (1-1)134112-6
Patrick Patterson101-91 W vs. CHA61-6 (1-3)51000+4
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist101-91 L vs. OKC62-9 (0-0)22112-10
Malik Monk101-91 L vs. OKC52-5 (1-4)11000-11
John Wall 119-113 W/OT vs. BKN239-24 (0-2)316209+6
Jodie Meeks119-113 W/OT vs. BKN31-1 (1-1)10000-3
Jamal Murray112-80 L vs. SAS2 1-7 (0-3)12000-18
Trey Lyles112-80 L vs. SAS31-9 (0-2)51001-9

News

• Playing through pain in his hand and wrist, John Wall received an x-ray and MRI on his right pinkie finger, revealing no structural damage.  Wall missed practice yesterday but is expected to play tonight vs. the 76ers.
  • Fake news found Anthony Davis when one blog relayed the information that Davis had been traded to the Bulls.  Sidelined earlier this week with a hip injury, AD is expected to play in his hometown of Chicago today.
  • Patrick Patterson did not play against the Nets last night due to a sore left knee and Andrew Harrison did not get off the bench in the Grizzlies’ game against the Rockets.

Highlights

Schedule

• 3:30: Lakers (Randle) vs. Clippers
  • 5:00: NOLA (AD) at Bulls (Rondo)
  • 6:00: Suns (Ulis, Bledsoe, Booker, Knight) at Spurs on ESPN
  • 8:00: Sixers (Noel) at Wizards (Wall)
  • 9:00: Magic (Meeks) at Jazz (Lyles)

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

10 Comments for A Crazy Stat About Karl Towns in Today’s New BBNBA Recap

1. mattrmeyer
    12:31 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Would like to see points in the ‘Numbers’ section. Thanks.

2. KYcats11
    12:43 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Good format but pug in the points

3. Rixter
    12:45 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

I like this format, but I had to get a calculator out to add up the points.

4. zach12985
    12:50 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

I like the table format but the width of the field is too small so you have to scroll to see all the metrics. There’s a lot of unused grey space on desktop – I would expand the field so the entire table fits. That would also make reading the articles on the rest of the site easier as well. I know you cut off the left rail for mobile (limiting grey space to cut into) but its about time you all just get a fully responsive site.

1 metric addition would be adjusted efficiency metrics, so points per minute, assists per minute, etc. especially relevant on KSR as we have a lot of new guys in the league that don’t get as many minutes so it helps for a relative comparison to other players when we adjust for playing time.

• jaws2
      1:05 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Speaking my language Zach, they need to hire you!

5. Rain1940
    12:54 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Prefer the other format so I don’t have to scroll to see all the box score. Can’t see name and score at the same time.

6. bestdestiny
    1:25 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

Definitely the other format. Maybe add the “news” pieces to the old format.

7. BigTimeOwen
    2:07 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

I prefer this format, especially when I’m looking on my phone. That said, if you changed the stat titles to abbreviations, especially “+/-” instead of “Plus/Minus” I think it would help with having to scroll across.

8. ChrisHamby
    2:34 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

this would be alleviated with a site redesign

9. chardun20
    3:43 pm January 14, 2017 Permalink

I like the other format on my PC, this format may look better on my phone.