Zion Williamson has yet to make a final decision

© Jeff Blake | USATSI

© Jeff Blake | USATSI

Zion Williamson, the biggest star in this year’s basketball recruiting class, is set to make his college decision on January 20th.

Williamson spoke with Evan Daniels of 247 Sports about the big day.

“I’m very excited for that day because it’s my mom’s birthday and it’s just a big thank you to her for all the sacrifices she’s made for me,” Williamson said.

With only six days until the press conference, Willamson has yet to make his final decision.

I’ll probably make it in the middle of this week coming up,” he said.

The press conference will be held at Williamson’s high school, Spartanburg Day School in Spartanburg, SC.

Williamson final six schools include Kentucky, Clemson, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Williamson said Kentucky, North Carolina, and South Carolina all visited him within the last week.

The decision will be around five or six right before Kentucky tips off against Florida. This has the potential to be a great day for the Big Blue Nation.

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

11 Comments for Zion Williamson has yet to make a final decision

1. Kat4Life
    2:04 pm January 14, 2018 Permalink

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t end up with Clemson…….but never ever count Cal out until the hat goes on the head (and even then don’t count him out….I’m lookin at you Terrence Jones)

2. Ez21
    2:24 pm January 14, 2018 Permalink

I think it’ll be Clemson as well, however usually when Cal misses on 1 of these guys you start to hear of him reaching out to others in the class and from what I read Zion is the only 2018 uncommitted kid w an offer.

3. crazycatfan65
    2:58 pm January 14, 2018 Permalink

I still wouldn’t rule out dUKe or South Carolina, Specially the gamecocks.

4. timewilltell
    3:06 pm January 14, 2018 Permalink

Since the post is not from Drew or TT, I will just consider it filler space. Don’t think anyone on here is ready think he gong to pick anyone but Clemson.

5. letsroll76
    3:28 pm January 14, 2018 Permalink

Cal is the best at coaching , up young talent .Go Cats

6. BallDontLie
    3:34 pm January 14, 2018 Permalink

Had seen highlight clips of him but watched his entire game vs chino hills last night. So much to like about his game, but it’s everything I heard about him as a person that makes me want him at UK. I don’t put thought into who will be back until they announce they will be back as we have had plenty of guys leave that weren’t ready and had no business leaving. That being said, he would be what takes us to the next level next year. He’s going to be dominant.

7. 4everUKblue
    5:24 pm January 14, 2018 Permalink

If he does pick Clemson there was really nothing Cal could do to get him to come here.

8. Big Meech
    6:47 pm January 14, 2018 Permalink

My sources say he will choose the CATS!!!!

9. catsby90.1