You’re invited to Tin Roof Nashville’s “Bluegrass Takeover”

bluegrass-takeover

Tin Roof Nashville is hosting the “Bluegrass Takeover” on Friday, August 30, the night before Kentucky’s season opener versus Western Kentucky at LP Field. The college football kickoff party will feature music from 64 West (they’re UK fans, too) and the crowd will be dominated by Cats fans just like yourself, getting a jumpstart on the first weekend of our most exciting football season in years.

Tin Roof is located at 1516 Demonbreun Street, a short cab ride from the hectic sidewalks of Broadway, near Vanderbilt’s campus. It’s going to be a fun weekend for Big Blue Nation in Nashville and this is the perfect party to get it started.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for You’re invited to Tin Roof Nashville’s “Bluegrass Takeover”

1. tdogg40330
    5:28 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

I’ll party right here in the lil town of Harrodsburg and cheer the CATS on !!!!

2. Duuuuuude
    5:38 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

I think it was in Basketball season that Mrs. Tyler posted an awesome flow chart of things to do in Nashville. I am sure it took her a week to put it together. If I knew how to search for it I would. If it is not searchable, could it be re-posted? Updated perhaps?

Thanks!

3. Denim Dan
    5:39 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Tin Roof is a terrible establishment catered to college drunks.

If you actually enjoy beer, go to Broadway Brewhouse (Mojos) – they have at least 50 beers on draught and their food is pretty kick ass as well.

As someone who lived in that area of Nashville – this is my opinion.

4. Brian
    5:44 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

I agree. Can TT give us a Nashville survivors guide for those of us not familiar with the music city?

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      5:46 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Brian, I’m working on a huge post for later this week with everything you could possibly want to know about Music City. Stay tuned.

5. Seedy
    6:32 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Someone should tell Drew that he’s twice directed readers to the possibly inaccessible construction site of Nashville’s future Music City Center at 516 Demonbreun. The real address of Tin Roof Nashville is listed on the poster and their site: 1516 Demonbreun.

Also, I called them to ask about cover charges and it sounded to me like if you were unable to get a free wristband, you’ll have to buy one for $15. I might go to 516 instead.

6. Brian
    8:17 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Thanks TT. Go cats

7. UKCrewser
    10:36 pm August 27, 2013 Permalink

Bet TT starts out at Virago for some sushi and a saki martini, over to Demo’s for a porterhouse and fixings then to Tin Roof for some libations. Then walk to every corner to wait for Mas Tacos Por Favor truck for some late night grub, maybe Sunset grill if she’s won a recent bet. Hell, just go to Robert’s and watch the scenery from Broadway. TT, got a mug from Bosco’s? She may be there.