You’re gonna want to hear this one (Thursday Show Thread)

Today’s KSR show is a must-listen as the NCAA is expected to drop its infractions report on Louisville to start the second hour. This is Matt’s Super Bowl and you won’t want to miss it.

Here’s where you can catch the rest of the tour:

6/12 — Prestonsburg — Stonecrest Golf Course
6/13 — London — Sleep Outfitters
6/14 — Russell Springs — Lawless-Smith True Value
6/15 — Somerset — Ashley Furniture
6/16 — Lexington — Don Franklin Auto on Richmond Road

6/19 — Danville — Dexter Insurance
6/20 — Leitchfield — Future Designs
6/21 — Louisville — Academy Sports on Outer Loop
6/22 — Henderson — Sleep Outfitters
6/23 — Owensboro area — Don Moore Auto

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

79 Comments for You’re gonna want to hear this one (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:06 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

If one of my bosses tries to hold an impromptu meeting at 11, I’m gonna have to refuse.

• ukjaybrat
      10:12 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

i’m typically a podcast listener. but i tune in on days with the real juicy stuff… of course today i absolutely cannot because we have so many visitors

2. runningunnin.454
    10:10 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

A complete whitewash.

3. Craig
    10:12 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

There is a faint high pitch squeal (at least I’m hearing it on iheart) that I was also hearing yesterday. It must be something with the remote equipment.

10:15 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Yeah. If they manage to be at a remote without completely losing the connection, they’re doing well.

4. J-Dub421
    10:20 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

U of L should get smacked by the NCAA and lose their 2013 title, but they’ll probably just get a slap on the wrist.

My prediction: lost of a couple scholarships for a couple of years and Pitino suspended for 10 games.

5. secrick
    10:20 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Can’t listen to the show so will count on your post to keep me up to date. Hope they get nailed again.

6. Realme
    10:21 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Ugh, can you imagine how sick you’d feel right now if you were a Lie1stCheat4ever fan?

• J-Dub421
      10:23 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I’m sure they feel fine since they live in a state of denial and don’t think they did anything wrong.

• ukjaybrat
      10:25 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

what jdub said, and also the fact that the ncaa wouldn’t do anything to harm the rep of their prestigious ACC

10:26 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I’d still be worried. NCAA = completely unpredictable.

• NCAA = corrupt. A comment so nice, I had to say it twice!

7. 8xchamp
    10:28 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

If all they get is a scholarship reduction and 10 games for rick. You’re gonna see other schools go rogue. Because that’s not a harsh enough penalty for cheating to win a title. The reward will out weigh the risk.

• ukjaybrat
      10:31 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I 1000% agree.

10:31 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Every school that has ever lost a banner should re-hang immediately if that happens. And many of them should file lawsuits.

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I don’t recall anybody having a championship vacated; but, Cal lost two Final Fours and Western Kentucky lost a final four.

10:43 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, I mean ANY banner. Behave as if no games have ever been vacated. And UNC might as well re-institute the fake classes.

• J-Dub421
      10:46 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

It will create anarchy. If I were a school and that’s all U of L gets for hiring hookers for players and recruits, I would tell the NCAA to go take a flying leap off a cliff if they tried to enforce ANYTHING at my school.

8. secrick
    10:31 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Will the NCAA be influenced in any way with all the other stuff going on at u of l with this punishment.

9. What Matt doesn’t realize is you can do so much with free software like Audacity, Windows Movie Maker, and the Real Video Downloader. You can use the last one to download any web video, use Audacity to record your track, then use Movie Maker (or the YouTube video editor) to put your video together with video clips, photos, and music.

10:45 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Benny tweeted his video was coming ahead of time. They had their chance to say no and or view it first. I agree that don’t pay enough attention.

• ukjaybrat
      10:47 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

free software can do just about anything paid stuff can do.
      one of my favorite websites is alternativeto.net you can search for a specific application and it will show you a handful of other applications that are similar and have a voting system so usually the highest ranked stuff are good replacements.

• I think Matt is under the assumption that Benny had to go to a professional studio to do all he did. He may have (I haven’t seen the video), but you can put together a pretty spiffy video with free software these days.

I’ve used Audacity to digitize some old cassettes of choral performances of my alma mater when I was in the chorus. I then put together videos with photos scanned from the yearbooks, and I put them on YouTube and linked them on Facebook so my friends from those days could see them.

• BTW, my alma mater has played Belhaven in football and I got to meet Hal Mumme when they came to our campus.

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

That’s cool. I still like Hal Mumme.

• Me too. I walked up and told him I was from Lexington originally, I’m a UK fan and I appreciate what he did for the program. I think he was a little surprised with the reasons he was ousted.

• “Your comment is awaiting moderation.”
      *sigh*

10. J-Dub421
    10:55 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Davis and Towns are both obvious choices to potentially win an NBA MVP, but are we just going to ignore John Wall?

11. runningunnin.454
    10:56 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

If UL destroyed incriminating evidence it’s called spoliation.

10:58 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

So, if you’re Ryan, exfoliation.

12. Realme
    11:07 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Holy crap y’all. The word vacate has been uttered by the NCAA. Not sure what games though.

11:12 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

“the University will provide a written report containing the games impacted to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff within 45 days of the public decision release”

What does this mean?

13. ukjaybrat
    11:11 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

so if this wording includes the 2013 banner, think ul fans will still claim they won 3 championships ?

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Probably. They’ll still call Cal and UK cheaters too.

14. ukjaybrat
    11:13 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

no matt. it doesn’t include the 2012 final four where we beat them. it only vacates “wins” . our win still stands

15. Realme
    11:25 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

June 15, 2017. The day the Louisville Cardinals began their slide back into irrelevance. Buh bye. Won’t miss you.

11:26 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Also, Matt’s favorite new holiday.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Too bad this didn’t come out yesterday on National Bourbon Day.

16. secrick
    11:26 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

So Drew said in his post it looks like the banner is coming down, what are you all hearing?

11:29 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Vacated record from 2010 to 2014 for any wins where ineligible players played. Louisville to report back in 45 days with exactly which games that includes, but there seems to be no way the 2012 Final 4 and 2013 championship aren’t included because Harrel and Behanan.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Just think about the fact that UK was recruiting both of them pretty hard. Bullet dodged!

• J-Dub421
      11:49 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Do you think they still would have had the same issues at UK though, or would Cal have squashed that crap?

11:51 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Chane would have been kicked off the team and Montrezl probably would have behaved. No Andre McGee, so none of the worst infractions would have been available anyways.

17. J-Dub421
    11:29 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Chane Behanan, the gift that keeps on giving.

18. ukjaybrat
    11:30 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

took a stroll into enemy territory to check out the comments section…. only one comment.

f… a lot of U’s. and a c and a k

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Is it wrong of me to laugh hysterically at that?

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

That is funny, laugh at will.

19. Realme
    11:33 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Anybody seen anything about where to stream the press conferences online yet? Realme must listen.

20. runningunnin.454
    11:35 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Odd; the NCAA doesn’t know the players involved, and which games they played?
    Gobbledygook?

11:38 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Sounds to me like they’ve named the players (3 players, 15 recruits), just not to the media yet. Loserville just has to admit how many games the 3 played in, and get those banners down.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

That was how I interpreted it as well Realme. The NCAA named the players/recruits, and U of L now has 45 days to provide a list of all the games they played in during the designated time period.

21. secrick
    11:35 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Just read WDRB, Crawford said all wins from 2010 to 2014 will be vacated. Said harshest penalty ever given to any school.

22. Realme
    11:39 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Yes, caller! EAT IT ALL OF YOU! If you’ve ever said nasty things about Cal or UK, EAT! IT!

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Sweet, sweet Karma.

23. Realme
    11:43 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Sounds like player #3 is going to be Russ. Someone on another thread said he’s who started in Dec 2010. I would have rather he got to stay out of the worst of it.

24. RealCatsFan
    11:43 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

While on the one hand this is funny as hell and truly ironic and karmic (in that UofL fans taunted us as cheaters because of Cal), I do have a lot of friends and family who are UofL fans who I kind of feel bad for. However, it is still funny as hell! ๐Ÿ™‚

I will say this – they better lay the smackdown on UNC next!

11:46 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

One down, one to go.

• secrick
      11:47 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I have lot of friends that are u of l fans to and i have already started calling them and given them hell.

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I try to at least give the appearance that I am taking the high road, even though I am gloating inside. ๐Ÿ™‚ But if they say ONE THING about UK supposedly cheating, I’ll let them have it with both barrels!

11:53 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I’ve got this shirt with a dead cardinal on it. Wish I had it handy. I’d just wear it around the building and say nothing.

• J-Dub421
      11:53 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I do the same RCF. I won’t start things, but I will finish them.

• secrick
      11:57 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

You know they would give you hell so why not fire back, you know in a fun kind of way.

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

Rick, I prefer to let the wounds scab over before I rub salt in them. And if they squawk, the scabs get ripped off.

Damn, why am I talking about scabs? Yuk!

25. secrick
    11:59 am June 15, 2017 Permalink

I just want to say one thing that i had to listen to a few years ago. GOT PITINO……

• J-Dub421
      12:00 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

The NCAA did.

26. WildcatMarkC
    12:51 pm June 15, 2017 Permalink

Where’s the 2nd hour of the podcast?????????????????????