Your Kids’ First Day of School’s Thursday Morning Wakeup

back-to-school

Mornin’, yall.

Before we get going with today’s activities, I would like to say congratulations to your kids on their first day of school this week. I saw the news on Facebook when you posted a picture of them with their new backpacks in front of the school. It was right under another picture of kids in backpacks on their front porch and another of a kid with her new backpack in front of a different school, right above my friend’s photo gallery of his kids standing on the front porch with their new backpacks. They’ve gotten so big since this time last year. All of them. Seriously. Congrats. Love the backpacks.

No media availability after today’s practice.

Things will be silent at football camp today as the team closes its doors to the public each Thursday. They’ll be back at the microphone following tomorrow’s practice with the offense conducting interviews in the afternoon.

Mark Stoops, Eddie Gran and DJ Eliot will be available for more on Saturday before we do it all again next week for Week 2.

The KSR Football Podcast is back.

The wait is over, KSR Football Podcast fans. Nick, Freddie, Jared and I dusted off the old equipment yesterday for our first podcast of the season. We gave our preseason season predictions and got off topic (several times) during our first of three shows before the Southern Miss game.

Give it a listen here.

Olympic golf starts today.

Go Rickie Fowler and Matt Kuchar!

(I can’t stand Bubba Watson or Rickie Fowler.)

Am I the only person in America not watching Stranger Things on Netflix?

Usually I’m on top of the hot trends in the world but I’m behind on this Stranger Things craze. I saw about half of the first episode and it didn’t hook me before I fell asleep, so I guess I’ll give it another try before I get completely left behind good. People are acting like it’s the best thing ever.

Four shows I’m currently catching up on: Mr. Robot, Vice PrincipalsThe Night Of and Power. I can’t seem to find time for my television these days.

Bad NFL News: Chargers’ Stevie Johnson to miss season with torn meniscus.

Worse NFL News: I’m a die-hard Tennessee Titans fan.

What’s Bobby Petrino up to these days on Twitter?

It appears he has been liking some questionable tweets, including one with a link to five-star smut.

But I wouldn’t know because he blocked me:

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 8.03.09 AM

DeMarcus Cousins isn’t dominating the Olympics like we had hoped.

Foul trouble is killing Boogie down in Rio. He found himself relegated to the bench for a second consecutive game in last night’s narrow win over Australia. He scored only six points with eight rebounds in 10 minutes played, only slightly better than his five points and six rebounds in nine minutes against Venezuela.

He’ll get another shot when the Americans play Serbia tomorrow evening.

Kentucky Sports Radio is in Eastern Kentucky again today.

But where?

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Your Kids’ First Day of School’s Thursday Morning Wakeup

1. Sticky Ceiling
    8:55 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Eric C. Conn Trailer Complex?

2. chrisg18
    9:24 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

I think I need to work for KSR. They apparently have enough free time to watch every tv show known to man. I don’t have enough time to watch one show, let alone 4 or 5 at a time. Between Drew and Tyler, they watch more television in a week than I do in a year.

• WildcatScratchFever
      11:39 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Or just a better job. How do you watch UK sports when you don’t have time to watch one 30 minute show per week?

3. Booby Petrino
    9:26 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

I’m sure Petrino’s Twitter was hacked. He’d never like anything like that. What kind of person do you take him for? The kind that has affairs and pays his mistress tons of money through a job she isn’t qualified for, gets in motorcycle accidents with her on the back and lies about it, and likes smut on twitter? That’s just not who he is. He’s a role model for young men, a humble man who will carry another man’s golf clubs, and the coach of one of the greatest football teams in the history of football.

• RealCatsFan
      9:29 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

You forgot the part about him caddying for his daughter. 🙂

• Booby Petrino
      10:16 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

my bad, I couldn’t remember the exact story and thought it was his son he played caddy for.

4. RealCatsFan
    9:28 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Someone needs to post more screen shots of Bobby’s Twitter feed. Maybe this is the tip of the iceberg. 😀 But of course Ol’ Bobby is using the convenient excuse that his account was hacked – yeah, right Bobby – based on your past track record, no one is buying that one.

5. runningunnin.454
    9:52 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

I can’t believe I made it through 18 years of formal education without a backpack.

• Booby Petrino
      10:17 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

I made it K-12 without one, but I did finally join the backpack club when I started at UK. My parents weren’t around to take pics of my college backpack though 🙂

6. secrick
    9:55 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Drew, You shouldn’t say you you can’t stand Bubba and Rickie, great golfers playing for your country. RED.

• Catsby80
      11:34 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

I think he meant to say Bubba and Patrick Reed… To be fair, I don’t care for them much, either.

7. Mathlete
    10:12 am August 11, 2016 Permalink

Stranger Things is fun if you’re into 80s nostalgia, I’m only 3 episodes in but so far it’s kind of a strange cross between ET and The Goonies