You NEED to see this new Isaiah Jackson Highlight Reel

Isaiah Jackson is good at dunking basketballs.

Of the six players in Kentucky’s 2020 recruiting class, currently ranked No. 1 in America by 247 Sports, Jackson is probably the player I know the least about. After four minutes of highlights, I can now say with conviction that Isiah Jackson is VERY good at dunking basketballs.

The BBN has seen many impressive highlight tapes over the years. What makes Jackson stand above the rest — and I mean that in a very literal sense — is his ability to look the rim in the eyes before throwing down. Being a lengthy, 6’9″ athlete shortens the distance that needs to be traveled to the rim. It doesn’t matter to Jackson. He goes eye-to-eye with the rim and sends it home.

Enjoy the spectacle curated by the fine folks at Courtside Films and dream of a world where you to can look a ten-foot rim in the eye before abusing it.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

16 Comments for You NEED to see this new Isaiah Jackson Highlight Reel

1. CJKAssassin123
    5:22 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

Man is he an angry dunker or what?

2. trumpetguy
    5:26 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

NR ,my take is a little different because all 6-8, 6-9 kids are pretty good dunkers. I saw a willing and able passer, and a defender that contests and blocked shots with either hand. SEC looking athleticism!

3. CrystalBall
    5:48 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

Don’t forget, all those dunks were against high schoolers. First videos I saw of him I wasn’t very impressed. Reminded me of Perry
    Stevenson. Later ones he has looked very, very, good. Especially on defense. Seems to be much quicker. More impressive now.

• 72uksprinter
      6:00 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

CB, Ha! That’s a great blast from the UK past: Perry Stevenson.
      Gotta love the guy but if we had a least intimidating “big” ever, he would be the captain. Shagari would make that team, too.
      I think, despite the AAU and summer sessions hype we get before every new class arrives, this one might live up to it and more.
      GO CATS!

• CrystalBall
      7:43 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

72uksprinter. Would Aminu Timberlake and Cedric Jenkins make that team?

4. Collie
    6:10 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

Not to slight this mix tape in an way what so ever, but the best mix tape was John Walls.

• SuperTroy18
      7:14 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

That one was legendary.

• Collie
      8:14 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

What ever happened to #5 that played with him in high school? I forget his name but I thought he was a player back then as well.

• IrishCat
      10:37 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

Travis Leslie ended played a couple years at NC State.

• IrishCat
      10:40 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

CJ Leslie, not Travis.

5. BigJohnC
    6:23 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

His ability to go straight up on D and block shots with his timing is off the charts

6. yoshukai
    6:40 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

Yeah , Whitneys mixtape looked great too. It means nothing.

• Skooms
      7:47 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

So did Bledsoe’s, Davis’, Jones, Randle, etc. Those meant nothing too, but they sure looked good winning games at UK!

• Collie
      8:11 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

I think Whitney will have his break out soon. At least I hope so, we could use him. He has had flashes. I guess its easy to be the big fish in a little pond. To play on another metaphor, if you cant run with the big dogs stay on the porch.

• ibescootch
      8:29 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

I really think his issues are all mental. He wasn’t a MAA for nothing. He just looks lost out there. I’d guess his game from HS just hasn’t translated yet. But he’s a good ball player, I think his time will come if he stays in the gym and believes in himself.

7. Collie
    8:05 pm January 13, 2020 Permalink

Did Rondo have a mix tape? I would like to see it compared to Walls’.