You have to read the hate mail Matt got today

matt-letter

You’re looking at a letter that Matt Jones received in the mail from an LSU fan who saw him on “The Paul Finebaum” show recently. Needless to say, the person had some pent up anger, along with a very odd way of writing the letter “F.” Maybe we really do need to teach cursive writing in schools.

Take that, Matt and Mike Stoops!

31 Comments for You have to read the hate mail Matt got today

1. UK Basketball is More Fun Than Law School
    5:56 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Things I enjoyed about this:

–It devolves into taunting Matt not because LSU beat UK, but rather because LSU beat UK’s archrival. But nothing bothers a UK fan as much as when Louisville…loses?

–After using the term “ass” above (along with numerous other slurs), the author felt it prudent to self-censor by using the term “rearend” in the postscript. Brilliant.

–“Piece of Trash” is capitalized. “God” is not…

–And of course: “Mike Stoops”

• Big DAWG Loggin
      9:14 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

And she – Jack – writes like a girl. Pot thinking she’s calling the kettle black. She hates herself and is taking it out on Matt.

• rainman
      9:23 am March 4, 2017 Permalink

Or ABORTION!

2. shelby
    6:16 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Ah yes, the wonderful louisiana public school system and inbred coon asses. LOL

• Luether
      8:32 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

And a great argument for charter schools…

• RealCatsFan
      11:27 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

A better argument for birth control.

3. runningunnin.454
    6:16 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Umm…who is Mike Stoops? And, how does an LSU fan know Matt’s political views?
    Oh well, I always support our sister institutions in football, basketball, and all sports; and I would hope there would be some quantum of respect among the fan bases. Guess not.
    But that’s not the lowest I’ve heard. When Steve Kerr played for Arizona, his father was some sort of missionary in the Middle East, and was killed in a terrorist attack by the Palestine Liberation Org.
    The next time Kerr and the Wildcats played at Arizona State, the State fans chanted PLO PLO PLO.
    To this day I hate Arizona State more than UL, IU, Kansas, Duke, or NC.

• Luether
      8:33 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Mike is Mark’s brother…

• Eazy
      8:45 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

I think other SEC fans root against us for the most part. Without us SEC basketball would be dead. They should give us respect. I’ve pretty much had it with these morons. Almost to the point I don’t even root for the other SEC teams anymore. Why should we when they hate us?

• runningunnin.454
      9:08 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Oh yeah, at Oklahoma…I had forgotten his first name. Thanks.

4. Mc12
    6:21 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

There are stupid people in every fan base, all political beliefs, all religions and on and on.

5. BlueWildcat_99
    6:24 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

As soon as I saw “hate mail” in the title I knew it would reference Matt being a liberal, Hillary, and Trump. Honestly, I think Trump fans think more highly of Putin than of any “libruls,” even though we’re all Americans first. And I’m sure Matt would tell you that even though he’s a HUGE UK fan with the BEST UK blog out there, other UK fans still disrespect/don’t like him because of how he votes. People can be so fu*ked up.

• Luether
      11:32 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Jones is a liberal hack…

• sethery
      6:40 am March 4, 2017 Permalink

It didn’t take long for someone to prove you right ^^^

6. winagain1
    6:37 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Yea….. I’m not buying that as legit… to obvious. Should have been the rough draft and a little less obvious.

• nicky
      8:38 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

I’m calling BS….how did someone glean from the Finebaum show that Matt was a dem/lib? Didn’t hear the particular episode but doubt people’s political leanings come up on the show

• catdaddyd
      11:58 am March 6, 2017 Permalink

They probably used the Google machine.

7. Bluebloodtoo
    6:37 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Hey Jack, does your mom know you used all those words? Seriously, a hand-written letter? Who writes snail mail letters these days besides Jack?

8. runningunnin.454
    7:03 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Speaking of inter conference shenanigans, ESPN wants me to remind you all, Duke plays North Carolina tomorrow night in the REMATCH……YAWN.

• Rixter
      8:01 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Is THAT this weekend? I hadn’t heard.

9. ArtSmass
    7:38 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Uh, that IS how you make a capital F in cursive writing.

• runningunnin.454
      7:58 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Looks like printing to me. And the F looks like a crossed 7, not to be confused with a 2.

10. Ken Grizzle
    8:16 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Louisiana has an abundance of morons.

11. Eazy
    8:41 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

What an idiot. UK fans were rooting for LSU against Louisville. Matt was talking about LSU basketball and this guy is bragging about them beat us in football a couple years ago. Lol. LSU basketball is garbage. We are a much better basketball program than LSU could ever dream of being in football btw. Not surprised this clown is a Trump fan.

12. Luether
    11:31 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Typical Republican…

13. jdarren1963
    8:02 am March 4, 2017 Permalink

Yes…Matt did like the “ass-whippen” LSU put on Louisville!

14. Catnation
    8:14 am March 4, 2017 Permalink

Actually, the Bayou blowhard makes several salient points. Matt’s manliness is very questionable, has he hung a picture yet?? He is left leaning, to say the least…and LSU did whip our butt in football. I just didn’t know letter writing was still a thing.

15. rainman
    9:27 am March 4, 2017 Permalink

Just 1 of 60 Million or so out there,
    SCARY, really!

16. 8xchamp
    10:48 am March 4, 2017 Permalink

Sec should fine their Ad for acting this way

17. stunninsteve
    11:39 am March 4, 2017 Permalink

What a nut job. While I sometimes don’t care for the rare political statement infused here and there in a story, where else are we gonna get our Big Blue inside news and insight? Don’t bite the hand that feeds, I reckon. If it gets too bad I’ll just stop following along, but until then keep it up guys, good work.