YAHTZEE! Kentucky Football lands JUCO commit Jordan Bonner

(Image via 247 sports)

(Image via 247 sports)

(Image via 247 sports)

YAHTZEE! Standout Junior College pass/rush specialist, Jordan Bonner, has just committed to the University of Kentucky, according to Cats Illustrated. The 6′ 6” and 230 pounds Bonner is the 23rd commitment for Coach Stoops and the Kentucky Football team. And it makes it even sweeter that he picked blue over Louisville as well as Tennessee, Nebraska, among others. He will have three years of eligibility in Lexington. Bonner is another in the long list of Ohio players that Coach Stoops and company continue to bring to Lexington.

Article written by Kelsey Mattingly

Drew Franklin is my spirit animal. @kelseyKSR

14 Comments for YAHTZEE! Kentucky Football lands JUCO commit Jordan Bonner

1. shelby
    10:36 pm December 12, 2015 Permalink

This is another reason why I’m all in with Stoops! We played WAY too many true freshmen, redshirt freshmen, and sophomores this year–only growth and experience will put us over the top–it’s coming folks, it’s coming. 5 year project, 5 years minimum.

2. The Rest of the story
    10:47 pm December 12, 2015 Permalink

Oh for crying out loud stop with that Stupid Yahtzee BS. No one is gonna get excited over the KSR over hyping ever again. UK football is what it is and unless major coaching changes are made I personally expect mediocracy at best.

• WeareBBN
      11:27 pm December 12, 2015 Permalink

End of the Story…….One can only wonder why you are even on a UK site…Yet to see one post about being a fan, just complaining about bball and fball. Guess 4 final 4’s and an elite 8 in 6 years is not good enough for you. Guess the best talent, all be it young, the football team has ever had is not good enough for you. Not saying the staff needs to improve their coaching, they do and they know it, but they are also young at their position and learning and hopefully will improve. Go over to the UL board and cry with both their fans. Maybe we need fan changes cause this staff is bringing in talent, our best players are young and if they can improve the pass rush and Oline we will be ok. Bball team is ok as well, have some issues but also have 3 months to improve.

• WeareBBN
      11:32 pm December 12, 2015 Permalink

and this is from a season ticket holder that actually gave away and sold my tix to the last 3 games because I was unhappy with the effort by our team, coaches and players. I still support them just refused to spend more of my hard earned money for the performance I was receiving. A game weekend cost me over $400 in fuel, hotels and food not even counting the ticket price so I refused to spend that, but would have if I felt the effort was there. I will buy again next year and give them that support and stay with them as long as the effort is there, win or lose.

3. plumloopy
    12:45 am December 13, 2015 Permalink

Sorry, but I agree. “Yahtzee” was sort of a stretch and it was not backed up. Also, we yell Yahtzee every damn time, no matter who the prospect.

4. Leuther
    1:30 am December 13, 2015 Permalink

Just hope he can tackle at the SEC level…

5. Stopover
    2:04 am December 13, 2015 Permalink

Isn’t ‘yahtzee’ Greek for over-rated?

6. StevieGotLoose
    7:47 am December 13, 2015 Permalink

I know the offensive coordinator from the 6A State Champs Male Bulldogs, he said that the supposed 3 & 4 star players from Ohio are mostly MAC level players. We need to recruit Florida heavily. The Cats will not get over the hump recruiting north of the Mason Dixon Line. Ask Bill Curry how that worked out.

• KTower
      9:14 am December 13, 2015 Permalink

Ohio State, Michigan State and Michigan comb Ohio every year for players. Kentucky should too.

• dean winchester
      12:17 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

Bill Curry tried to get players from fl. Curry couldnt succeed at ky trying to make us a smashmouth football team. The man had Couch running the option….are we really bringing up Curry to compare recruiting prowess with Stoops? That is laughable.

7. The Frizz
    10:58 am December 13, 2015 Permalink

I know the offensive coordinator for Male and he said he had no idea who you are and denied ever saying what you are attributing to him. He asked me personally to tell you to stop saying that he said things. He said getting the good players is the key, regardless of where they might live.

8. bluegrassstu
    11:33 am December 13, 2015 Permalink

I am from Ohio, I have never heard of this player.SteveGotLoose is right, Stoops needs to recruit Florida and Georgia heavily.

9. dean winchester
    11:58 am December 13, 2015 Permalink

Tennessee, Louisville, and Nebraska. They have heard of him…

10. dean winchester
    12:11 pm December 13, 2015 Permalink

We do recruit Florida and Georgia btw, meant, juice johnson from fl, boom, jordan griffin, kobe smith from GA. Florida has…..florida…..florida state, miami, usf, ucf, LSU right down the road. You dont walk into florida as uk football and grab a bunch of prospects–enough to.stockpile our roster with elite talent anyway. Doesn’t happen, wont happen. Denzil ware is another fl kid, we do well in Florida now, but you got to pick your battles.