YAHTZEE! Four-star running back JuTahn McClain commits to KENTUCKY

@JuTahn9

@JuTahn9

How about a Yahtzee to close out your Saturday evening?

2020 four-star running back JuTahn McClain announced this evening that he would be committing to the University of Kentucky.

“First off I would like to thank God for blessing me with the talent and opportunity to wake up everyday and play this game of football,” he wrote on his Twitter page. “I would also like to thank the Fairfield High School football coaching staff for believing in me and giving me a shot to lead the team and to build life-long relationships with them! I am truly blessed to have you all in my life. I also want to thank my teammates for pushing me to be the best version of me on and off the field! My family is the reason why I go so hard on and off the field as well! The support system that surrounds me is better than any I could ever imagine! And to my Mom, the sacrifices, long nights, and tears are the reasons I go so hard for our family! I love you! I would like to give a HUGE thank you to all of the schools that have recruited me so far.. But from this day forward I am a KENTUCKY WILDCAT.”

According to 247Sports, Kentucky’s newest four-star commitment is considered the No. 309 prospect overall and the No. 6 all-purpose back in the nation.

McClain chose the Wildcats over offers from Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State, among several others.

With the commitment, Kentucky now has seven commitments in the class of 2020, with four of them being rated as a four-star by at least one ranking system and one being rated as a five-star. According to 247Sports, that’s good enough for the No. 28 recruiting class in America overall and the No. 17 class in terms of star rating only.

McClain joins three-star running back Torrance Davis, who announced his commitment to Kentucky last night, in the backfield. McClain and Davis are widely seen as two of the most dominant tailbacks in the state of Ohio.

Check out the newest Wildcat’s junior-year highlights:

Welcome home, young fella!

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

32 Comments for YAHTZEE! Four-star running back JuTahn McClain commits to KENTUCKY

1. UKinIN
    10:02 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

So the three star running back from last night, is he on board with this?

• UKnowMe
      10:27 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

There will be plenty of RB reps to go around by the time they are on campus.

• mashburnfan1
      10:48 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

Plus they talked that the RB last night may have a better future at WR. Even if not, RB depth is huge to have. keeps them fresh the entire game.

• Cletis75
      1:24 am June 9, 2019 Permalink

Shows that he’s willing to compete, that’s a good thing!

2. Carcrook
    10:02 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

Yawn!

• abobicesaevior
      10:06 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

You were so bored you had to comment? Hilarious!

• dcforuk
      10:19 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

I suspect carcrook is indeed a crook. He must be a fan of ________ team and likes Kentucky’s Sports Radio blog more than his own team’s blog. Therefore, he had to steal some attention here. A UK football fan would historically not fall asleep with an announcement of a four-star commitment. However, maybe it is a sign of how dramatic UK’s football recruiting has turned around that perhaps 4-star commitments are becoming more expected! Well done Stoops! Well done Vince! Go steal from some other team carcrook!

• Carcrook
      11:59 pm June 10, 2019 Permalink

I’ll wait until the ink dries on his LOI!!!!

3. ukwildcat1991
    10:02 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

Kentucky football teams power is over 9,000!!!

4. TOMCATS1990
    10:07 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

Looks like a good one, hopefully he stays committed ND Michigan and Ohio St are not going to be happy

5. ColoradoCatFan88
    10:09 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

I want to be able to get excited about these types of “commitments”.. Let’s hope he stays true to his word.

• T-wah
      10:21 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t you see that he is 1000% committed? I mean, that sounds pretty committed to me. LOL

• mashburnfan1
      10:53 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

Lots of things in our favor. He is close to home, he already has the offers from some of the so called power programs. I don’t put much into highlight tapes because naturally they are going to show the great plays. What I love is he did his thing in a tough area vs some traditional powers. Would imagine he plays several tough teams in that Cincy area. May try to stop and watch a game on my way to a UK home game this year.

• Cletis75
      1:30 am June 9, 2019 Permalink

Mashburnfan1, thank you for that post. It has good analysis, and shows you can be objectionable sometimes and reasonable. Stay on the same diet, and things will be better for you and the rest of us here.

6. Biggie
    10:18 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

I certainly understand the difference between committing and signing (although more and more seem to be sticking). However, all of BBN should be extremely grateful to the Coaches and Administration for putting us in the positive to even win these battles against some of the top programs in the nation.

• dcforuk
      10:20 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

Plus one!

• UKinIN
      10:40 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

I think Nick wrote about this before, but even if a four star commitment eventually backs out, it may get other players to give UK a look.

7. antiquefurnitureandmidgets
    11:29 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

What we need in all of these recruiting stories are three or four more people to give us their own variations of “I’ll believe it when he’s signed” and “commitments at this point are meaningless” and “I hope it happens but I’m not confident”. There just absolutely can’t be enough of these. They give us all such a great dose of wisdom in the reminder that there’s just absolutely zero room for any positivity in the fan base. Thank God the Fellowship of the Miserable is here to protect us from ourselves.

• Shepherdizing McDyess
      11:57 pm June 8, 2019 Permalink

Here here

• notFromhere
      1:11 am June 9, 2019 Permalink

Fking NAILED it!

Buncha turd blossoms the lot. Gotta hope they at least have some longsuffering friends so they arent as miserable, helpless, andweak willed as they sound. Can you imagine not being able to look out the window with any hope for the day until you KNOW for SURE everything is going to go completely perfect?

• InigoMontoya
      8:26 am June 9, 2019 Permalink

AFAMidgets, you win the internet today!!

8. az1006
    12:48 am June 9, 2019 Permalink

With an offer sheet like that, just getting a commitment is a huge, huge step for the program. I temper excitement, just because of the nature of football recruiting, but this is big. And you can thank Vince Marrow and Benny Snell for our success in recruiting backs in Ohio.

9. notFromhere
    1:07 am June 9, 2019 Permalink

Awesome news! UK FOOTBALL- now football season is all.year.round

10. michaelb
    10:05 am June 9, 2019 Permalink

I think this kid is a difference maker and game breaker type player ….I feel this addition to be different than a lot of other pick ups … coupled with the strong line we are gathering up makes me optimistic about the future of our sec status … we’re gonna be winning some league games in the next 1,2,3,4 years . Watch out fla & tenn & miss st

11. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    10:58 am June 9, 2019 Permalink

Great pick up. I am optimistic even if it’s just a commitment. Very promising looking back, homerun, scat back that we need who can catch and is not scared to run up the middle. I could def see him playing Slot WR as well. Has elusiveness like Lynn with the fact when he catches a screen he’s tryna turn it into a TD with every catch. Elite SEC speed already like Boom was. Excited and can’t have enough RBs, especially running the spread-multi-run game. Like what the future holds! Go Cats!

12. catsfan1995
    12:00 pm June 9, 2019 Permalink

So are we using Rivals or 247? I never know which one is better. Rivals has this kid as a 3 star. We can use 247 but Justin Rogers is not a top 10 prospect according to them. Either way, I’m happy with how recruiting is going! Go cats!

13. notFromhere
    8:28 pm June 10, 2019 Permalink

Finally git to watch his vid. Reminds me of a great mix of JoJo Kemp, Boom Williams, and a lil bit Benny Snell. Gets downhill, keeps em churning, can take some contact and keep moving forward. McClain and Davis are gonna be great complements to each other!