Yahtzee #2 of the day! 4-star 2017 RB Mike Warren commits to Kentucky

What a day, folks. Hours after Russ Yeast committed, another major 2017 player has rolled the dice. Four-star running back Mike Warren just committed to Kentucky, announcing the news via Twitter:

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 3.00.02 PM

The 5’10” 185 lbs. Warren held offers from UK, Iowa, and Toledo, but Louisville and Ohio State are also showing major interest, with the Buckeyes holding a 100% lead in his Crystal Ball at the time of commitment. He’s considered the 9th best running back in the 2017 class and the 3rd best player in the state of Ohio by 247 Sports Composite. That’s HUGE, folks.

Warren told me that Lexington’s proximity to his hometown of Toledo, Ohio played a major factor. “I think Kentucky is the best fit for me right now as a running back and it’s close to my hometown,” he said. He said he’s also close with Russ Yeast, who committed hours earlier.

Mac Jones, Russ Yeast, Mike Warren…who’s next?

23 Comments for Yahtzee #2 of the day! 4-star 2017 RB Mike Warren commits to Kentucky

1. DylanG
    4:11 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Coach Marrow is a blessing. 2 4 star Ohio recruits in one day!

2. asdf
    4:15 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Have two 4-stars ever committed to UK on the same day before? This is historic!

3. BenHur
    4:15 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

This is getting fun. Follow this kid.

4. Kyblue34
    4:20 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Awesome pick up! I just wish we didn’t have to wait two years for them to sign.

5. deWildcat
    4:20 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

WOW!!! what a great way to start the 2017 class.

• sonnyg333
      10:21 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Before you get to happy, last year we were racking up the recruits as well only to have them all taken away by other schools before the season started. Stoops can get them but can’t keep them..

6. inside info2
    4:20 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Welcome aboard Mike. Glad to have you! Looking forward to watching you run.

7. john wall
    4:24 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

BRUHHHHHHHHHH

8. cmlcat347
    4:36 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Let’s hope we can hold on to them. 2017 is still a couple years away and the way football recruiting seems to go anything can happen. Mike probably saw the OL we will have in a couple years!

9. ClutchCargo
    4:37 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

This is definitely good buzz, no doubt about it. But forgive me if I’m only encouraged and not getting excited until I hear that they have actually signed. It is a LONG time until signing day, unfortunately.

• Hopeful but skeptical
      4:46 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Correct. His comment “KY is the best fit for me right now” (“as of right now”?) makes me think he likes UK, but if The Buckeyes come along with an offer in a year or so he probably would take it. Urban Meyer is like Cal….lets everybody stir the pot early, but swoops in late with his offers and gets pretty much who he wants. A 2017 commit is meaningless at this point.

10. Bob
    4:43 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Not saying Kentucky football hasn’t had some years of solid football, however for the most part we have been the whipping post for the SEC for as long as i remember mid 60’s.I am shocked at the turn arround in UK’s football program and more so at the fast rate .I know UK is at the mid lower of the SEC but we are climbing in the SEC fast. Last year was an solid year with improvements falling short at the end for good reason the SEC teams now respect these Cats and know UK is for real .What eats me up is for all the years i as well as UK’s fan base has been waiting for an solid football program that can compete in the SEC.All this time being BS about how hard it is to play in the SEC and this and that. Then the fans decided to stop buying tickets and bingo what an turn around .I know last year i watched every game and thought we had an shot. From the bad call at Florida to the loss at LSU . LSU beat UK but with respect and that’s an huge change respect !It’s so good to have an football team that can compete and win. I am one very very happy Cat fan living here in the heart of gator country. GO BIG BLUE !!!

• Say whu?
      4:57 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Umm, I don’t think losing to LSU 41-3 last year gained us much respect. And not to burst your bubble, but FL now is not Spurrier’s or Meyer’s FL. They have fallen off severely the last 2 years more than UK has risen. We are definitely headed upwards, but have a long, long way to go. Still haven’t won an SEC road game in forever. We need to gain respect this year. What did we do last year (outside the eyes of long suffering UK fans) to gain respect? The So. Carolina win was nice, but they were awful when we played them. So yah, I will say it….its dAmn hard to play in the SEC. Rich Brooks says it, Tom Leach says it….we could be an improved team this year with the same or worse record than last year.

• Patrick_Wren
      6:57 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

60’s….really? I guess you forgot the “Fran Curci” years!

11. UKBlue1!
    4:44 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Nice…but a long way to the first Wednesday in February

12. Urban Meyer
    5:09 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

You guys have him until i call him…..

• Bobby Petrino
      5:22 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

I called him…. 🙁

13. David
    5:21 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

It is officially BBN we are not only a basketball school. We are getting ballers in football too. Awesome feel been waiting for this for so long. Hats off to the coaching staff and players THANK YOU ALL.

• Get real.
      6:21 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Didn’t know a commitment from a junior in HS made it “official” I always thought wins on the field did that? #DelusionalFanBase

• Get real.
      7:08 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

UofL is historically the better program. And this year, we are gonna even up the series! Maybe!

#ForgetCooper
      #ForgetKragthorpe
      #AlwaysBeenBetter

14. WeGetIt!!
    6:20 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

Can some of us Cats fans just celebrate a few minutes before the umpteenth person reminds us that signing day is a looooong way off?! We get it. We know. You aren’t an insider with some little nugget of knowledge not available to the rest of us. Nor are we so fragile we need not get our hopes up. We’re Kentucky football fans for pity’s sake. The only thing we have is hope. So please for the 7,000 posters who feel the need to qualify how exciting it is by adding that it really means nothing could you please just put the keyboard down? I’m sure with some effort you can find 1,000,000 other parades to piss on.

• b-dub Paducah
      11:21 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

15. Patrick_Wren
    6:54 pm July 28, 2015 Permalink

OK….maybe I’m crazy. But to me he looks like Damien Harris…only better (playing against tougher competition).