Xavier Peters to take more visits before Signing Day

Kentucky’s top priority between now and National Signing Day is to keep Xavier Peters on board until he puts his John Hancock on the paper. They had hoped to get the four-star linebacker’s signature in December, but he elected to hold off until February (although he insists he remains committed). Peters was the only UK commit to pass up the opportunity to sign in the early signing period.

Things seem to be going well in Operation Keep Peters Committed as February gets closer, but the fight is going to get a little tougher now that Peters has scheduled two new visits to elite programs.

He recently added trips to Florida State and Miami, on top of his upcoming trip to Florida, this coming weekend.

The Miami visit is set for the weekend of January 27, only a week and a half before Signing Day, per Mike Dyer of WCPO Cincinnati.

Football recruiting is such a grind.

Article written by Drew Franklin

26 Comments for Xavier Peters to take more visits before Signing Day

1. wildcatmatt27
    11:13 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

I’d pull his offer after explaining to him what the word commitment means. I might go 2-10, but I wouldn’t get played.

2. UKinIN
    11:24 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

Is “committed but taking other visits” like “engaged but seeing other people”? Seems like both scenarios would end badly.

3. loservilletard
    11:40 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

maybe he just wants to go to warmer climates for some visits…

4. rockatao
    11:42 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

If you think recruiting is a “grind” now, wait until the NCAA implements that stupid no-penalty transfer rule. Then you have to go through this with the whole team every year.

• UKinIN
      11:49 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

Great point. If the new transfer rule passes coaches won’t just have to recruit a player to get them on campus they’ll have to recruit them to stay on campus.

• runningunnin.454
      11:59 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

Correct….chaos waiting to happen.

• notFromhere
      12:31 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

No doubt! Chaos is right. Bring it on!

5. BluKudzu
    11:48 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

I hope he stays committed to UK, but I am doubtful. 4 stars means about as much, as a UK commitment in football. Neither really matters until they start playing.

6. Alleykat16
    11:58 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

I hope that he sees that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side of the fence but I’m afraid they are going to make all kinds of promises to him and throw shade all over our program

7. KnoxvilleBBN
    11:59 am January 18, 2018 Permalink

My guess is he flips to Miami after seeing the ladies on South Beach

8. breakinankles
    12:00 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

Is that Jamal Murray???

9. UKfansNKY
    12:21 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

I really hope he stays committed to KY. I have heard numerous times that he does want to stay close to home so his family can watch him play. He’s out of Cincinnati.

You really can’y blame the Kid for taking visits, after all that what its all about!

GO CATS!!!

10. notFromhere
    12:28 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

Awwww. Y’all just started following recruiting, huh!? It’s gonna be ok. Hike up those huggies or pullups and get used to it. Always been this way and will continue to be

11. Jesus H. Chrysler
    12:52 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

He gone

12. AFR0_SAMURAii
    1:00 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

Xavier Peters tweet coming soon…
    “I’d like to that BBN and the coaches for the opportunity but I’ve decided after talking with my family to reopen my recruitment”

13. brb_skywalking
    1:08 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

Do any of you all ever think that these kids see you all trashing them for wanting to explore their options and maybe that’s why they don’t want to come here? Let the kid live his life

14. BBNBRIAN
    1:59 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

I hope he stays, but he was keeping his options open for a reason. I, unfortunately, do not see this kid ever wearing Kentucky Blue.

15. shomethoseuktds
    2:39 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

He is a high schooler why wouldn’t you wanna take visits even without him we most likely are gonna get Chris oats

16. Bill3
    3:40 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

I don’t blame him for wanting to take some trips to Florida … especially South Florida given this weather. I’m not sure what you can learn about these schools other than the “screen savers” they present you with during your visit. It takes some time and more than one visit to get on the other side of the screen saver to understand what you will be working and and the help you’ll get to develop and progress. I’m sure the young man understands this and this next step will be critically important for his continued development. If he doesn’t understand this then I’m not sure he’ll be successful here, or anywhere for that matter. So many distractions. Regardless, I wouldn’t let this delay stop me from signing another really talented player that fills a need. We’ve done really well in moving linebackers successfully to the next level. I’m assuming he wants to play on Sundays?

17. BobNWeaver
    6:39 pm January 18, 2018 Permalink

“Football recruiting is such a grind” So True! Kudos to the coaching staff for all the time and effort they put into recruiting. I hope Xavier Peters signs and the moment he does, I will welcome him into the #BBN. But the day-to-day “what will the kid do” is something I can’t spend too much time thinking about. (Again, Kudos to the coaches who DO spend all that time, effort and energy!)