Tyler Ulis calls in as the guys wrap up things in Philly (Friday Show Thread)

ulis-booker

Believe it or not, KSR’s time at the Democratic National Convention is coming to an end. Drew’s already headed home, so tune in to hear Matt and Ryan break down their last night in Philadelphia, which hopefully included Matt being nicer to Uber drivers.

Also tune in to hear from Tyler Ulis, who will be calling in to the show to talk about his weekend in the Bluegrass.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

45 Comments for Tyler Ulis calls in as the guys wrap up things in Philly (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:50 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Hate to hear Oscar won’t be on the pre game show anymore.

2. Billy Hill
    9:51 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Can’t wait to hear from Tyler. Class act, and a great representative of our university. #BBN

3. Realme
    10:11 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

What kind of shape do you think the guys left their hosts apartments in these last 2 weeks?

4. Love…love…LOVE the Oscar!!! He will be sorely missed! I really miss his columns in the old TCP!!! Such a great link to the Cawood & Rupp days.

So after today do we suspend the nerd fights until Nov. 7? 😉

• Laker Cat 18
      10:47 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Truce. Until November. 😉

5. J-Dub421
    10:28 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Yep, pizzes me off. You can talk all you want about the “entitlement attitude” of certain people on public assistance, but these fat cats like Ramsey have just as much of an “entitlement attitude”.

• J-Dub421
      10:46 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Fat cats like Ramsey are worse because they receive huge amounts of money. This isn’t someone on welfare receiving $500 a month who doesn’t deserve it; we’re talking about millions of dollars here.

• That’s crazy. I wish I had a guaranteed job like that.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

We’d all like jobs where we could get fired and get $700,000 to go away.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I agree that people who drive slow in the fast lane and refuse to move over are aggravating, but the azzholes who ride your bumper when you are already going 80 and there is no room to move over are worse. They probably cause the majority of the accidents.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:44 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

A state trooper passed me yesterday going 100 mph at a minimum with no lights or siren running. There is nothing that pisses me off more than that. Pet peeve #1.

• Laker Cat, I mentioned something similar to a friend who is a police officer, and he explained that sometimes cops need to answer a call without sirens and lights. However, I was referring to someone zooming by me at 35-45 in a 25, not nearly the speeds you’re talking about.

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I was driving from work to a team practice Wednesday, and I had to take surface streets due to multiple interstate accidents caused by the idiots I mentioned above. I was driving down Bluegrass Parkway behind a white Kia, which was swerving across the centerline over and over – to the point that cars coming the other way had to move over onto the shoulder to avoid a collision. It was bad enough that I backed away in case he hit someone – I was afraid he would get knocked back into me. At first I thought it was someone texting, but I was able to get a glimpse of the young male driver – complete with line-beard – who had glassy looking eyes. Probably drunk (Crown Royal) or high. I proceeded to call 911 and reported the car description, plate number, and description of the driver. Dispatch said they had an officer on the way, but then he turned into a parking lot. I hope they got him – completely burns me up that he might have gotten away with it. I would have followed him, but I had a practice to get to. Hopefully they either busted him or he parked and passed out.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:24 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I was in a 55 zone going about 60-65 myself. Our car shook from the turbulence he left as he passed. I understand their need to get from point A to point B in an emergency and the “stealth” they use occasionally, but the speed I saw from the trooper yesterday was a bit excessive. You know as well as I do that cops exceed the speed limit more often than not without emergencies. “Most” I see on the road are speeding excessively.

• RealCatsFan
      11:38 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

LC, there must have been a fresh batch coming out of the oven at Dunkin’ Donuts. 😀

7. Realme
    10:44 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

This is as disgusting as a certain p word I don’t want to mention, because I don’t want to be the cause of the nerd fights Chris referenced starting back up.

• Realme
      10:44 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Ugh, that was supposed to be a reply to jdub’s link.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:45 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

After yesterday, the P word should now be on the official list of profanities.

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, I’ve tried really hard to stay out of the p-word arguments. No one is going to change anyone else’s mind here, so it’s all just pointless. Back to football/basketball and mocking U of L!!

8. J-Dub421
    10:51 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

All the skinny basketball players have gained a few pounds of muscle. That makes me happy.

• Realme
      10:53 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

This kind of backs up the idea that this group arrived ready to work.

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Talent without work ethic is worthless. Good thing this current crop of players has both.

• I hope all this is true. I want #9!!!

*When we win #9, we need to play that sound clip from The Beatles on a loop.

9. J-Dub421
    10:54 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Schmoopy! Matt is in on the Seinfeld references too!! 🙂

10. Laker Cat 18
    11:16 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

There aren’t many players out there that have the “dog” in them more than Tyler Ulis.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Tyler has some of the best court vision and passing I’ve ever seen at any level.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:30 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I have a strong dislike for UConn that borders on hate. Partly because of the losses, but also because of Calhoun – that guy was a class-A azzhole, and as dirty as they come.

12. J-Dub421
    11:30 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I won’t ever cheer for Louisville or Duke. When they play each other I hope they both suck and embarrass themselves.

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I usually hope for a huge sinkhole to develop under the court and swallow everyone up. 🙂 Same as when UNC and Duke play each other.

• Realme
      11:36 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Anyone who would root for either of those teams and call themselves a KY fan is not someone I can respect.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:37 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I am viewing the site via Chrome, and it keeps clocking my CPU cycles through the roof, and the little “refresh” icon keeps flickering. What diabolical machinations are going on behind the curtain of this site? Seriously, there is no other site I can get on that takes my CPU hostage like this one!

• J-Dub421
      11:55 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Do you use an ad blocker? I used to have this happen before I started using an ad blocker to stop all the pop-ups and video ads that would play constantly. There are also a lot of vines on this site that auto-play which could also contribute.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:42 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I think Tom Leach comes close to a media member that almost everyone likes.

• Realme
      11:43 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Definitely. Who wouldn’t like Tom and Mike Pratt?

15. Realme
    11:43 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

I’d guess that Gabriel is jealous that Matt isn’t boring as dirt.

16. J-Dub421
    11:56 am July 29, 2016 Permalink

Amen Matt! you just hit the nail on the head about Ramsay.