Woman laughing in Chewbacca mask is the best thing you’ll see today

I am not a huge Star Wars fan, nor am I a fan of masks, but I just about LOST IT when this video of a woman wearing a Chewbacca mask came across my Facebook feed this morning. If you haven’t seen it yet — first, congrats to you for not being on your computer all day — stop what you’re doing and enjoy the best four minutes and five seconds of your week (skip to 1:56 for the good stuff):

The video instantly went viral this morning, and is now the most viewed video EVER on Facebook, with over 50 million views. In 24 hours.

OH, I’M SUCH A HAPPY CHEWBACCA!

8 Comments for Woman laughing in Chewbacca mask is the best thing you’ll see today

1. david8577
    3:41 pm May 20, 2016 Permalink

Might be the most joy I’ve seen from anyone in the last five years.

2. Chewbacca
    3:59 pm May 20, 2016 Permalink

I’m way into this…

3. “Laugh it up fuzzball!!!”

4. Blue ShuShu
    4:18 pm May 20, 2016 Permalink

It’s crazy that you just posted this! I literally just watched it on Facebook! 😀 Everyone needs this much pure joy in their lives! I want what she’s having!😉

5. 25OR624
    5:48 pm May 20, 2016 Permalink

She will be on ELLEN next week. That was funny!

6. UoKFB PHAN
    11:13 pm May 20, 2016 Permalink

What a great laugh! I bet the company that makes the mask is also happy…. you just can’t buy that kind of marketing. It would be interesting to see if their sales spike.

7. Lalbright
    12:40 pm May 21, 2016 Permalink

Kohl’s has a follow-up video. They gave each child a mask and one for her husband. Also, toys for the kids, gift cards, and reward points. Actually, it is pretty sweet!

8. Larry Pratt
    1:17 pm May 21, 2016 Permalink

Not to be a curmudgeon, I swear- but I don’t see what’s so great about this. I just don’t. I’m in the minority, obviously. I’m all for people being happy, and whatever makes her and her audience happy, more power to them. But I don’t see what makes this so special. I suppose I’m the only one.