Why am I just now seeing the Kentucky Joe promo video?

“A Unique Voice That Will Move Us,” it says. And of course it was shot vertically.

Love it. I hope he wins the trip to the Bahamas so we can shoot another one.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Why am I just now seeing the Kentucky Joe promo video?

1. DrSayre
    2:17 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

I saw this months ago and always wondered why I had not seen it on KSR before. It’s pretty epic!

2. bc
    2:18 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Do you have a Red Band trailer link?

• inside info
      2:24 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

3. DH
    2:25 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

First, what are they promoting? His singing? He can’t sing (or write a decent song) and the whole video was of him standing around adjusting his cap. Secondly, why does KSR give this dude any time? He’s not very talented at music and he seems like a dick. And I think they tried to make it look like he was signing an autograph at :30, but it looks like he was signing some kind of waiver

• WhySoSerious
      2:36 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

dang dude, lighten up. why you so mad, bro?

• DrSayre
      2:55 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Personally the main reason I listen to the radio is to hear insane people talking. I want to know about Kentucky Joe singing at a Meijer, Truth eating dinner with Mitch Barnhart, and Chester betting thousands of dollars on Kentucky. If it wasn’t for insane people KSR (the radio show) would be boring.

• DH
      3:06 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Not mad at all. Just because someone’s opinion isn’t rainbows and sunshine doesn’t mean they’re mad. I just don’t understand why this guy gets any recognition at all. And if they’re promoting him as a singer/songwriter, why just show footage of him standing around?

• catlogic15
      3:29 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

I cringe every time I have to endure exposure to this clown. Self-made fool.

4. UKMD
    3:17 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

TAKE A CHILL PILL, BRA!

• DH
      3:29 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

SORRY, BRA!

5. Martha Steward
    3:36 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

How about a Ky Joe etiquette segment. A good start is like when I saw him split a bagel with his hands at Sleep Outfitters and put the other half back for the rest of the guest at the remote to share. If he wins a trip to the Bahamas you might want to get to the buffet line before he does.

6. In All Seriousness
    3:39 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

The KY Joe crap is getting rather old, whenever they say he next on the line I do the same as Matt and just groan, the only good thing about only listening on podcast is I can hit the 15 sec skip every time he’s on….like all the other “whack pack” callers, but really can’t stand him, or understand him.

7. So..
    3:41 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Anybody call the number in the credits?

8. Axe Cop
    3:44 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

When will people learn to hold their phones sideways when taking a video?

9. Radio Ron
    6:24 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Ha,ha Drew,
    THIS comes really close to the PROMO you produced for me in the KSTV Casting Call contest in 2011.
    That is frightening !!!!!

10. jay
    8:55 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

The 0:48 mark describes exactly how I feel about vertical videos. Turn Your Phone 90 Degrees: http://youtu.be/AqHZJe6306k